Chapter 3

The first week in Gwangju is really fun as everyone is busy sightseeing in the morning and the afternoon, having group conversations about what the new group should do with the advice they give and more advice. Dino felt like a hyung as he advised Jisung about improving his dance skill and showing his potential. He smiles as Yugyeom tells Jisung he will teach him house and hip hop dance and Jisung's happy reaction to it. They also started bonding more as the first week went by. Dino notices Jisung getting more comfortable with everyone and his heartbreaks. He can not think about how the NCT hyungs treated Jisung and wish he could figure out why they did it.

The second week happens in Seoul and everyone discusses the concept for Darkside. Everyone is bouncing off ideas about what concept would suit the group. Darkside is unsure because all of the members wanted to do a concept that is mature but still maintains their cool chic image. Dino looked around since everyone had their turn and Dino said, " how about a bad boy, glow-up type concept? Since all the members are grown-ups, Jisung is going to be shedding his cute image and need a new image to show his true potential. I think this concept might work for all of you." Everyone all contemplated it, and Dino noticed Jisung, Yubin, Harry-June, and the 7 trainees were looking at each other with a knowing look. One trainee, named Kage, then spoke up and said, " Me and the others agree to the concept that you suggested." Everyone else agrees after hearing his reason and Kage's thoughts on it. Dino smiles at how his idea for the concept works for Darkside. They also talk about leaders and leadership, in which Jisung and Kage will become the leader of the group. Dino could not help but react in shock because of how fast the decision they made and others had the same reaction. Another trainee, who goes by Peace explains that the 10 of them made a group chat and had a huge conversation and discussion about who is going to be the leader. They agree that there will be two leaders, Jisung will be one of their leaders because of how he treated the members and helped them. Kage is different because of his wise decision and how he took on the role when Jisung left for a meeting with his company. After all of that, they then start training the upcoming group for their debut.

The third week is in Incheon and the seniors were teaching and training the group for all of the positions that they are doing. This is exhausting not only for Dino but for everyone else too. Dino knows that after this trip, they will still be helping them out with it and he understands. He and the other wanted the group to be prepared for their debuts, but also be prepared for how to respond to unexpected situations like mental health, hiatus, hate messages, sasaengs, a member unexpectedly leaving, etc. They also explain how sometimes it can be shocking and how even if you think you are prepared, road bumps will hit unexpectedly. Each group had told stories of their ups and downs and how they overcame them. Dino looks over at the group of 10 to see their mixed reaction of shock, confusion, sadness, anger, and understanding. He can tell each of the members were paying attention and taking notes from their seniors, which he finds cute. It ends with lessons learned and more advice.

The fourth week is their last week and it is in Hongdae. This is about reflection and relaxation, but Dino could not relax, but rather reflect. He is concerned when he opens his phone to find hundreds of messages from his hyungs asking how he is doing, did he eat enough, etc. Dino is worried about what will happen when he gets back to the dorm and whether he should go after this weekend. He was worried and contemplated so much that he did not see Jisung coming in and sitting next to him. Until Dino hears a voice and looks to his left to find Jisung looking at him with concern. " Hyung," Jisung said, " are you okay, you look nervous and torn between something." Dino looked at him and shook his head as he explained the problem he had a couple of weeks back and how it had hurt him. Jisung listens to Dino's problem and thinks about how he should respond. Dino finishes talking and looks at Jisung, who contemplates for a bit before telling him about how to deal with it, how Dino successfully found himself, etc. Dino was surprised by all of that but agreed because he did not see it himself until Jisung pointed it out himself. Dino thanked Jisung for all of that and also complimented Jisung's maturity of how he responded and how he was already beginning to take on his leadership role. This leads to Jisung blushing and shaking his head, while Dino laughs, saying cute to Jisung. The last day came by so fast and Dino was sad about it because it was a fun experience to bond together and to help the upcoming group with their debut plans. They ended the day with a delicious Korean barbeque and a message about their 4 weeks trip. Dino and Jeong-Hui both got in the van and left to head back to the dorm. Dino thought back to Jisung's advice about dealing with his problem with his hyungs and he knew what to do as he looked out the window.