Australia's Dangerous Creatures

This is a list of the ten deadliest animals in Australia!

BOX JELLYFISH: One of the most lethal animals in the world. It dwells in the coast alongside the Great Barrier Reef and has a powerful venom. The stings are terribly painful and often lethal.

THE TAIPAN: Good news- taipans usually stay away from people. Bad news- once it's cornered or threatened, they strike several times. The taipan is a large, fast, and highly venomous snake. It has the most toxic venom of all the species worldwide, has a dark brown color, and is often found in sugar fields where it hunts for rats.

SALTWATER CROCODILE: This is the stuff of nightmares. It can grow up to 5.45 meters in length and is often found in Thailand, Vietnam, and Northern Australia. It's usually well-camouflaged, and strikes at an amazing speed. It's most powerful attack is the Death Roll, where it grabs its prey and rolls with it powerfully until it dies.

BLUE RING OCTOPUS: One of the most toxic sea creatures in the world, found off the coast of Australia, New Guinea, Indonesia, and the Philippines. Even though it's only the size of a golf ball, there is no known antidote for its powerful venom. It causes motor paralysis, eventually leading to cardiac arrest.

STONE FISH: Known as the most venomous fish in the world, the stone fish lives on the bottom of reefs, camouflaged as a rock. It lives above the Tropic of Capricorn, but can also be found in the Great Barrier Reef. Its venom causes shock, paralysis, and tissue death, depending on the severity of the sting. The pain is said to be so excruciating that it can lead to amputating the affected limb.

THE RED BACK SPIDER: Australia's most famous deadly spider. The red striped spiders venom induces severe pain, but thankfully, deaths are rare. Thousands of people are bitten, but only approximately 20% of the victims require treatment.

BROWN SNAKE: Known as one of Australia's most deadly creatures, it's venom quickly kills if left untreated.

TIGER SNAKE: These are generally not aggressive and retreat whenever they have he chance. Although there is anti venom available, mortality rates are around 45% if left untreated.

FUNNEL WEB SPIDER: This darkly colored spider resembles a tarantula and has fangs that can penetrate fingernails or shoes. First aid consists of applying a bandage and wrapping the bitten limb. The main treatment is anti venom.

GREAT WHITE SHARK: An exceptionally large shark and is the largest predatory fish on Earth.

Source: {http://www.hotelclub.com/blog/the-10-most-dangerous-animals-in-Australia/}