June

Santa Monica BLVD, CA, September 8th, 1997
3:30pm

*TRIGGER WARNING*
This chapter contains brief mentions of self harm, blood, and sick. Though it's not very graphic, please refrain from reading if this could bother you. Safe reading x

***

"Michael doesn't like to talk about her," Afia started slowly, feeling guilty only for a second, "But she's the start of a lot of this.."

Michael shook his head, blowing air out of his lips as he frowned harder out of the window.

It wasn't even worth the trouble.
Discussing June, felt like one big scam, to Michael.

Afia had made her mind up about their relationship, and she wasn't going to listen to him or his feelings.

Could he blame her?

Kleff sat forward once more nodding, "Is this another woman that became involved in your relationship?" He asked, as Michael flicked his head around to shoot Afia a wicked glare.

He didn't want to go into it.

It was all such a tangled mess, that Michael was sure Kleff would run to the nearest news station with whatever he had heard.

Afia swallowed her next words, and looked away from that fiery glaze that had descended across Michaels entire face.

Stone.
Ice.

He could blow so hot and cold, so very easily.

"Yes," She whispered nervously, wriggling in her chair as she suddenly felt a heat around her neck, "She fell in love with him.." Afia's voice fell to a whimper, and it hit Michael in the gut.

She sounded so wounded.
Broken.

It was true, of course.
June Chandler, a married woman, had fallen hopelessly in love with Michael.

Whether it was her intention to do so, didn't really matter.

The damage preceded the intent.

Afia balled her eyes closed and shuddered, "Michael met the Chandlers in 1990.." She trailed off, knowing that Michael would be making a face at her to stop.

"Michael, this makes you uncomfortable?" Kleff noticed how Michael had turned his body wryly in his seat, showing evidently that he was unsettled by the direction of the conversation.

Those little cheeks were red and ripe, and he looked hot enough with embarrassment and rage to fry an egg on.

Michael winced, "Afia thinks I cheated on her with this woman.." He spat, the words digging out of his mouth in shards.

He couldn't believe he was being forced to talk about a sensitive and private case with a fucking Hollywood therapist.

It would be damning to the entire case, that was still ongoing, if she continued.

Many people thought that Michael and Afia had left the allegations behind in 1993 after the settlement, but the court battle raged on well into 1997, too.