KANDI'S WORLD, ATL

Atlanta, Georgia, September 10th, 1997
9:00am

"Good morning ladies and gentlemen, it's your captain Daniel Yu speaking. Welcome to Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport! Local time is 9:00am, and the weather is nice and warm already..

We are preparing to arrive on the runway within the next fifteen minutes.

For your safety and comfort, I'd like to ask passengers to remain seated with their seatbelts fastened, until the sign above your head notifies you to remove it by glowing green.

It's been my absolute pleasure to once again pilot this private charter from sunny cali to the big peach, and I extend my graces to Mr and Mrs Jackson, their daughters, and all boarded passengers and crew. It's been my pleasure, thank you.."

The voice of the pilot crinkled through the speakers and into the passenger rows of the Kingdom Entertainment Private Jet.

It was a beautiful aircraft.

One that Michael had acquired through a new deal with Prince Al-Waleed bin Talal.

The Saudi Prince had approached Michael as one of the new History Tour investors, considering Sony seemed to have been stingier with funding in recent years.

The allegations, lawsuits, and other expensive commitments had landed Michael in a sort of financial twist.

It's not that he wasn't still one of the richest men in the Entertainment Industry, he just wasn't a billionaire anymore.

Money seemed to leak out of the countless accounts he had with countless banks.

He'd paid for things he didn't even know needed to be paid for.

And, as per usual, the vast network of advisors and attorneys, lawyers, and associates had bad apples amongst their ranks, who liked to skim off the top.

All of whom had generous salaries that needed to be paid too.

Some, who had full access to these accounts, would have no issue withdrawing or claiming inflated expenses.

Not to mention the fucking taxes Michael paid the IRS yearly.

Michael's associates introduced him to the Prince, and the two struck up a business friendship.

Both had a love of media, art, and family, and so Kingdom Entertainment was founded.

The relationship seemed amicable enough.

Michael would provide the entertainment, and the Prince would provide funds, and business backing.

He'd taken Afia to the conference in Paris, just about a year prior, where he announced the partnership to a sea of flashing cameras and microphones.

Michael and Afia's relationship at that time, was a lot better.

Though still strained, they had more fun together.