Chapter 10

3:00 AM

Taraji stirred in bed terrence slowly opened his eyes and peered over at her. " Raji..." he shook her. She began to start whining. " Penda you okay" he sat up turning on the lamp. " Im hot..." she whispered. " Okay do you need something-water please.." she asked. " Okay hold on" he got up out of bed and went to the kitchen he was so tired he got fall at any minute he got her water and brought it back to her. " Here you go baby" he said. She drunk it but still continued to whine. " Whats wrong" he asked. " Im still hot..." she told him. " Uh Okay give me a second" he went to the bathroom and wet a towel he came back out and layed the towel on her head.

" That feel better" he asked. She nodded he yawned rubbing his face. " Okay hold this on your head ima go to the bathroom" she nodded. He got up and went into the bathroom.

Not even 3 minutes later

" Terry!" Taraji whined from the bedroom he sighed throwing his head back. " Yes penda" he came out. " Im sorry im keeping you up i just dont feel good..." she sniffed. " No no baby its okay its alright-Are you sure i dont wanna keep you up all night" she spoke. " Its okay im here to take care of you whatever u need just ask me okay" he asked she smiled and nodded he got in the bed.

1 hour later

Taraji had been up for awhile crying and not feeling well she finally had tapped out a few minutes ago her head on terrence stomach and the cold towel on her head. Terrence was finally able to get some sleep and sure enough he was fast knocked out with his hand in her hair and the other on his chest then slept peacefully.

Next morning

Taraji was still sleeping the kids were up in their rooms and terrence was making her breakfast today was Saturday so the kids didnt have school.

" Kids breakfast is ready!" he yelled they all come running down the steps. " Oh hey mr howard...wheres taraji" Nia asked. " Shes not feeling to good this morning...-Awe im sorry" Said Nia. " Dont worry she'll be okay" he gave them their plate. " How long are you staying" danny asked. " Until your mom heals which will be awhile but we will get there" he spoke.

" I hope so" he said. " Ima go check on her" he went back to the bedroom.

He entered the bedroom finding her still asleep. He sat by her on the bed. " Penda..." he moved her hair from her face smiling down at her. She didnt respond " Pen Pen" he called out. " Baby..." he uttered. " Hm?" she asked. " You gotta wake up and eat something..." he rubbed her waist. " I dont feel well.." she spoke in a soft calm voice. " I know im sorry babe" he said. " My stiches hurt" she told him. " Its okay i know i know your gonna get better i promise".

" Can you kiss them again please" she asked in her baby voice. " Of course boo" he got on the bed and pulled up her shirt he began to place soft kisses on her stiches. She giggled he chuckled and kissed them more. " That feel better" he came up to her lips. " Mhm" she nodded. " Gimme kiss" he said she smiled and gave him a peck.

" After you eat we gonna go to the park for a walk and picnic-Terryyyy noooo" she whined. " I dont wanna hear it raji you have to doctors orders" she frowned. " Here" he gave her the food. " Eat it all taraji-I dont want it though..." she played with the eggs. " You have to eat babe-i know but i dont want this...". " Can you eat for me please okay you dont have to eat it all eat half or just some okay" he asked. " Fine" she replied.

" Thank you".

After

" And lift up" he told taraji she lifted up her arms and he slipped on her shirt. " terrence you do know i can put on my clothes i just cant walk and take them off" she replied. " I know but i promise to help you and i wont rest until your better" he put on her shoes. " And up we go!" he picked her up bridal style. " Careful im still hurting!" she hit his head. " Ow damn im sorry" he took her outside to the car where everyone else was waiting. " Terrence i can buckle my own seatbelt" she argued. " No i wanna do it-Stop terry i got it-Raji let go-No you stop its my car!".

" taraji Penda henson let go of the seatbelt...Now!" he snapped. She rolled her eyes and let him buckle her seatbelt. He got in the car and they pulled out.

At the park

The kids got out and ran to the park terrence helped taraji out of the car. He helped her over to the grass and he layed out the blanket then put down all the food and helped her sit. Taraji giggled once terrence rub the ice-cream on her nose.

" I got you something" He grabbed a small black box. " What is it" she asked. " Open it" he gave it to her. " I dont trust you". " Just open it". " Fine" she opened the box and gasped. " A ring?" she asked him confused. " A promise ring" he corrected. " Read the card" he said. " Okay...Dear taraji you can be a handful sometimes but i love that about you this promise ring is a promise that no matter what happens im always here for you. Theres something i really wanna ask you and i have been wanting to for awhile...Taraji baby will you make me happy and be my girlfriend".

She looked back up. " Yes terry of course i will be your girlfriend!" she squealed. He smiled. " Now as my girlfriend you are not my queen and im your servent-My servent huh" she asked. " Mhm anything you ever need i drop what im doing and i take care of you first".

" terry thats so sweet-Nah your sweet". She giggled lightly