02 | Missions

I've been with Milos and Galen Andino for three weeks now

I've been with Milos and Galen Andino for three weeks now. When I found out he was my father, I was so shocked. I remember my mother would never mention him or bring him up. I know for a fact he is my father because the only time she did was when she showed me a photo of him, holding me as a baby.

She was so happy when he left our lives, but not so much. Who wouldn't want their father in their lives? I will never forgive him for leaving, and finding out who he is and what he's done isn't helping the situation.

Milos was just as shocked as me when he found out. I'm pretty sure he hates my guts. I believe it's because he thinks I'll take over the mafia when our father steps down. I don't want any part in it.

I want to be home with my girl. Unfortunately, I can't. My father has blackmailed me into doing his dirty work. He has a spy within the Rossi residents who can kill Valentina.

I'm assuming it's a guard who's been paid off. I don't think any family member would do that to her, especially with what they've all been through together. He's been sending Milos and me on missions, taking out some people who owe him, or he wants to get rid of them. Since being here, I've noticed he's very power-hungry and will kill to get more.

I would never have agreed to this if it wasn't for the threat to Valentina's life. I'd do anything for her. She's the love of my life, and I want her safe. My father shows me photos every day of her, but it's Always from a distance, so that means the person isn't close to her.

On these missions, though, I've been leaving some hints behind so they can track me, I need to get out of here, but I need to make sure Valentina's safe before I escape.

"Target — three o'clock," Milos says through our comms.

Looking through my scope, my finger resting on the trigger, I take a deep breath before pulling the trigger. Killing the target instantly, I pack up my sniper and exit the roof and jog down the stairs to get to the getaway vehicle.

Getting into the car, I buckle up and throw my bag in the back. I lean my head back so it rests on the headrest. Closing my eyes, I take a deep breath.

"Good job, father, will be happy," Milos states, eyes on the road.

I haven't uttered one word to them since I've been here, I type on my phone, or I write what I want to say down. They're too busy to learn sign language, and they don't give a shit about me, to be honest.

"You know — if our father finds out you're leaving bread crumbs for your precious girlfriend, he will kill her." He chuckles, glancing at me.

How the fuck does he know? I'm not being careful enough. Now I'm going to have to try and convince him not to say anything. He's right. Our father will kill Valentina.

"Don't worry. I'm not going to say anything. If you weren't here, I want them to come to get you now; otherwise, I'll have to kill you." He grins, his grip tightening around the steering wheel.

"You seem like a good guy, and we're half brothers, after all, so I don't want to kill you. I want my position back. Ever since your return, I feel he wants you to lead the mafia and not me." He adds, sighing.

Confirming my thoughts on why he doesn't like me as much, I don't care though he can have the mafia. I don't know how long I can keep this up, though, they're using me to do their dirty work, and I want no part of it.

I hope Valentina hasn't given up on me and doesn't think differently of me when she finds out. That would kill me if she looked at me differently.

Strangely I think she wouldn't mind considering how many lives she's taken as an assassin, but it's not that. It's the fact that I'm even working for my father. Someone she hates, especially for his involvement with human trafficking.

Which he has been quiet about. I've been trying to find anything that ties it to him so I can show Milos, and he finally understands why Valentina did what she did.

Milos is very different from our father. He's calmer and more collected. He isn't irrational like Galen. He takes his time to make decisions and talks things through.

I think he's slowly coming around and seeing a father for what he is, but there's still the doubt I see on his face. I don't blame him, though. Our father raised him. Of course, they'll be that love and loyalty.

We arrive at Milos's warehouse. Entering the building, I put away my sniper and headed towards Galen's office. Knocking on the door, I enter when I hear him say to come in.

"Good job, both of you." Galen smiles.

"It was all Messiah." Milos shrugs, sitting down directly in front of Galen.

Sitting in the empty seat next to him, I sit quietly and listen to their conversation. They're discussing some shipments and more targets that need to be taken care of. If I'm being honest, it's going in one ear and out the other.

"Messiah!" Milos thunders, snapping his fingers in front of my face to gain attention.

I glance at him, and he frowns before looking at our father, who is glaring at me. I roll my eyes as he speaks again, filling me in on what I missed since I zoned out.

"I have a new mission for you both, our dear friend Rowan King has done a runner, and I need him, but he's ghosting me. I need you both to kidnap Xavier for me." Galen announces.

"How will he help? Rowan wants nothing to do with his son. He's been disowned." Milos questions.

"True — but he's still blood. Plus, he's still the heir, whether Rowan cares to admit it." Galen shrugs, leaning back in his chair, "he will come for his son. I don't doubt that."

"Fine, whatever you want," Milos grumbles before standing up and leaving the office, and I shortly follow him.

He's with Valentina — that means I can see her and try and escape — I need to be careful though