44 | Stake Out

It has been a couple of hours since everyone has dispersed and gone to bed or doing their own thing, I finally finished my shift for duty, and now all I can think about is crawling into bed with my girl and cuddling her

I snort to myself, I never used to think I'd enjoy cuddling, but I do. Quietly opening the door, I find Valentina in bed with Gianni and Levi cuddled up with her, soft snores coming from the three.

I know Val mentioned a couple of times that she's missing being able to spend quality time with her family and not having to worry about everything else that's going on. So my heart aches a little, seeing them three all snuggled up with peaceful looks adorning their faces.

After I change into sweatpants and a soft shirt, I gently lift the covers and get underneath next to Levi, who has drool coming out of his slightly agape mouth. Levi grunts a little before flipping over and spreading out on my chest. I look down at him and softly swipe his hair out of his face.

"I can't wait to have a family with you, especially if I get to see that smile on your face every day," a small voice whispers next to me, my gaze snaps over, and Val is sleepily smiling at me.

"We have plenty of time, baby. You're it for me, Val; I'd happily spend the rest of my life with you. Family and all," I smile at her before looking down at Gianni on Val's chest, squeezing her hand in his sleep.

"I can't wait," she whispers before her eyes flutter shut, and sleep takes her once again.

Fuck I love this girl, and I'm the luckiest man alive.

Slowly shuffling closer, I kiss her forehead before kissing the back of Gianni's, then kissing the top of Levi's, and closing my eyes.

P E C C A T R I C I

I startle awake when I feel something dig into my rib hard. Blinking my eyes open and adjusting to the light shining into our room, I find Levi grinning down at me with a mischievous smile.

Grunting, I sit up a little and scoop him up to tickle him, making him giggle and he starts begging for me to stop. I look over to where Val sleeps and find her spot empty; only Gianni is still sound asleep.

"Where did sissy go?" I ask, tickling Levi a little more.

His face turns red, "I don't know. She wasn't there when I waked up," he shrugs.

"Close buddy, it's waking up, not waked up."

"Same thing," he whines before shifting off me and laying next to Gianni and somehow managing to fall back asleep again.

Easing myself out of bed, I tiptoe to the bathroom to check and see if Val is in there, but it's empty. I walk into our closet space and find that vacant as well, deciding to get dressed and head downstairs and see if she's down there.