27 | Pure

Val walks into our room and starts stripping out of her clothes walking towards the bathroom, not even sparing me a glance

Val walks into our room and starts stripping out of her clothes walking towards the bathroom, not even sparing me a glance. Something is bothering her, I get up out of bed and walk towards the bathroom. She's in the shower, her eyes are closed and the water is beaming down on her.

Stripping out of sweats, I get in the shower and wrap my arms around her, "want to talk about it, Amore?"

She relaxes in my arms and leans back on me, laying a gentle kiss on her shoulder I turn her around. She looks up at me, sadness swirls in her eyes. She sighs and leans her head on my chest, I instinctively wrap my arms around her.

"Willow is using my brother, she's not even in love with him but someone else and is carrying someone else's baby." She rants, it sounds muffled since she's buried her head in my chest.

Willow? Who the fuck is Willow again? Wait, I don't think Val has even told me who she is, I don't think I've ever seen this person yet either. It may be the wrong time to bring that up though, eh fuck it.

"Who's Willow?" I murmur.

She leans back and looks up at me frowning, before her eyes widen in realization, "oh fuck, I haven't told you. There's a lot of shit I need to tell you."

Chuckling, I kiss the tip of her nose before reaching out and grabbing the body wash and loofah. Squirting some soap on it, I start to wash her body and she sighs as soon as I make contact.

"I'm guessing this Willow is involved with one of your brothers, which one?" I ask, patiently.

"Luciano, I met her not long ago. I caught her in his office and she seemed suss so Nate and I did some digging — naturally." She sighs as I continue to wash her.

"What did you find?"

"Messages from an unknown number who is the father of her child, fucking liar. We welcomed her in our home, if she wasn't pregnant I'd kill her now but there's no way I'd do that." She groans, the soapy loofah massaging her breasts.

"You'll figure out what to do Amore, you always do. I'll be here right with you when that happens, I promise." I kiss the top of her head.

"I found out who killed Felix's family." She mumbles.

My body tenses, ever since I've known Felix he's always talked about his family and how much he loved them. No one could find any information or clues to who had done it, now all of sudden Val has figured it all out.

"Who?"

"Carter Lopez, that's why Felix was tense in the meeting when his name was mentioned. I'm going to help Felix get to Carter to get his revenge, help him find his peace." She says, turning around.

"You've got a pure soul Val," I whisper, kissing her forehead.

"Do I?" She questions, looking up at me, "I've done so many bad things, how could I possibly have a pure soul?"

Gently, I move her hair away from her face and cup her cheek, "you'd do anything for the people you love, you'd do whatever it takes. Sure you may have killed some people, the thing is they deserved it. You never hurt or killed anyone who didn't deserve it, your heart is still pure."

She gives me a sad smile before turning around and washing all the soap off, she turns off the shower and steps out to dry herself. I do the same and put my sweater back on, walking back into our room and getting into bed waiting for her.

Once she's all done and has blow-dried her hair, she gets into bed with me and cuddles up into my side, "Buona notte ti amo." I murmur, sleepily getting comfortable with her warmth wrapped around me.

(Good night, I love you)

"Sogni d'oro, ti amo." She murmurs.

(Sweet dreams, I love you)

P E C C A T R I C I

Luciano called a meeting with Vince and me, we're sitting in the office drinking whiskey in complete silence

Luciano called a meeting with Vince and me, we're sitting in the office drinking whiskey in complete silence. It's not an uncomfortable silence, it's nice.

"Have they left yet?" I ask, looking at Luciano who tenses at his desk looking through papers.

"Yes."

"Val is going to be pissed when she finds out that our dad and grandfather have gone to Italy to get the rest of our family." I down the rest of my drink and sigh.

"I know, but Nonno was adamant ongoing and not telling her. He knows how stubborn she is, she would have told him to stay and she would have gone." Luc says.

"True but she'll still be pissed, I don't like a pissed of Valentina," Vince grumbles next to me, looking deep in thought.

I nod in agreement, I don't like it when she's pissed either. She will have our heads, for someone younger than us she still throws around a lot of weight around here. I don't think she notices half the time but she likes to have control and make decisions, sometimes overriding Luc which I know for certain irritates him.

When she joked about being Don of our Mafia, I saw how Luc tensed. I think he's worried that she's going to want to be the Don, but I don't think she wants to be. I think she just wants all this shit to be over with so she can live her life, with her family and friends safely.

"Dad said he'd message when they land, they haven't heard anything about Galen or Carter going after our family but he said that they won't take any risks," Luc says, cutting through my thoughts.

"Let's just pray they all return home safe and sound, even though they'll be coming home to one grumpy Val when she finds out," I mumble.

Luc sighs, "I've asked Carlos to see if we can find a bigger place for all of us, it's started to get too crowded around here. We don't have enough rooms and people are having to share, he said he'll find something big enough for everyone and somewhere where we can all protect ourselves."

"Sounds like a good idea, I don't particularly like sharing with you Nic — No offense." Vince chuckles.

"None taken brother." I laugh.