35 | Next Step

I wake up and groan, my head is killing me

I wake up and groan, my head is killing me. I drank way too much last night, after Willow told me everything I lost my temper. I am so fucking hurt and angry right now, I can't believe she lied to me all this time, pretending.

I loved her, I truly did. I thought she was innocent and pure in this world and I thought we were bringing that into this world with a child of our own.

Unfortunately, she lied about it all, breaking my heart in the process.

I can pretend all I like and act like I don't give a fuck and put on a blank mask but this, this is too much for me.

Valentina's right though, she always is. There will be someone out there for me who will love me for me and not lie to me, I can't wait till I meet that someone.

Shifting in my position, I hear a small grunt. My body freezes and I open my eyes and see I'm laying on Val's lap and she's playing with my hair.

She looks down at me, sadness all over her features, "sleep okay big brother?"

I slowly get up off her lap and stretch, "fine, thank you for coming to check on mine Bambina."

She stands up and stretches, "it's fine, you'd do the same for me," she smiles, walking towards the door.

"Can we please talk to each other more?" I ask, wanting to make sure we communicate better and not fight. I hate fighting with her.

"You mean make sure we can communicate properly and not lie to one another?" She asks, tilting her head.

"Yes, I'm sorry we pissed you off about Nonno and father. We won't lie to you again, but can you promise to inform us of things too." I plead, she has a habit of coming up with plans and doing it all alone.

Stubborn and hypocritical.

"Okay, fine but no one better fucking die or I'll never forgive myself." She says, before walking out of the room.

P E C C A T R I C I

I've decided to call a meeting in the conference room again, I'm sitting at a table that consists of my grandfather, father, siblings, uncles, and older cousins.

Uncle Alejandro and Diego are there with their two oldest, Luis is there with Andrè, Ivan is there with Dimitri and Alec and then there's Milos sitting on the side alone in his corner. I'm sure Mez would have joined him but he's working at the moment, guarding.

Gazing around the table I notice Valentina and Nate aren't here yet, which is the usual. She's always late or has to have some kind of entrance, she's dramatic sometimes.

The door opens and Val walks in with Nate, she has her friends behind her, Rafael, Angelo, Hugo, and Santiago. I still haven't managed to talk to those guys, they're barely around. I heard they do jobs for Val and Nate, I wonder what those are.

"Sorry we're late, I had to find these four losers," she says, punching Santi in the arm and he glares at her taking a seat.

"Not losers but okay," Hugo mumbles, taking a seat next to Santiago.

I raise a brow at her and she smiles, "you called a meeting?"

Clearing my throat, I nod, "yes, we need to figure out our next step. Everyone we love is here and safe with us, this doesn't mean Galen is going to stop." I remind everyone.

"Our next step is to kill him." Uncle Alejandro spits.

"I think we can all agree to that."

"Yeah I'm going to cut in here," Val says, sitting up straighter in her chair, "I know how we can find him but I don't want him dead yet."

"What? Why?" Dom asks, clearly agitated. He wants to end all this shit like the rest of us, why does she want to delay?

"We're not going to kill him yet, I need to do something first just please trust me on this." Val pleads, looking directly into my eyes.

Fucking hell, the things I do for her.

"Fine, how do we find him?"

"Rowan King, of course, the man is in hiding. He's not an idiot, he's playing it smart. He's hiding whilst all this goes down, waiting to see who comes out on top." Val says, leaning back in her chair.

"You think King will lead us to Galen?" Dad asks, looking a Val a little doubtful.

"You honestly think they wouldn't keep in contact? I'm sure Galen is filling in Rowan about everything that's going down." She shrugs.

"Even if my father is talking to Rowan King, what makes you think Rowan would give up my father?" Milos asks, from his end of the table and everyone's eyes narrow on him except Val who only smiles.

"Because I know of someone who can get him to talk." She simply says, grinning like a maniac.

"Don't grin, it's creepy," Santiago grumbles next to her.

She said she knows someone who could get Rowan King to talk, I wonder who that would be? I don't think there's much that man fears apart from Valentina herself but she's sitting here with us.

"You sent a king to go after a king?" Nonno asks a proud tone shining through, snapping me out of my thoughts.

I look around the table and notice Xavier isn't here, so she sent him after his father. I'm sure they have a lot to talk about, I wonder if Xavier is going to have the balls to pull this off? I wonder if he's going to take out his father?

"Xavier is trained for shit like this, he can handle it." She smiles.

Nonno looks at her proudly and everyone looks rather confused by her plan but I guess we'll all see how this plays out. At least she's clued us in and told us what's happening, instead of doing it all alone.

Progress.

Let's just hope Xavier comes back with the whereabouts of one Galen Andino.