3- diluc

*Just wanted to say that I will be using the term
'Traveller' instead of Y/N, I think it sounds better.
———————————————————————-
- You offered to help Charles with his shift as he has family matters to take care of and you end up staying in the tavern till late with Diluc.
———————————————————————

It was about 2:34am, the tavern was almost empty apart from a few drunkards who clearly had no family to get back to. You clean the last cup used and hand it to Diluc who started to poured some grape juice into it.

"Thank you for helping with Charles' shift. I will pay you a full days wage for your hard work."

Diluc says in a cold yet soft tone while taking a sip of the grape juice he had in hand. You were surprised at Dilucs sudden praise since he wasn't known for being very friendly.

"Mhm, no problem! If you need help with anything else, just let me know!"

You reply in a much more energetic tone with a huge smile plastered on your face. You couldn't understand where all the bad things you were hearing about Diluc were coming from, although up until now you had never seen Diluc smile.

"There are still some dirty tables upstairs, if you don't mind, could you clean them for me? Then you can go home, I will do the rest."

He says as he finishes drinking his beverage and grabs a cloth to clean it with. You immediately nod and head up the stairs, wiping the tables and putting the dirty cups in a pile. You hear him telling the remaining drunkards to leave and as you hear the tavern door close, your heart skips a beat. You were completely alone with Diluc. You quickly shake your head in disapproval of the thoughts you were having and continue wiping tables. After a while, you gather the dirty cups and go back downstairs however ,with being tired, you miss a step.

"Oh- Diluc!"

You unknowingly call out his name as you fell and just in time too as he was able to catch you at the last second. Your eyes were still squeezed shut from fear despite feeling Diluc's embrace.

"You need to be more careful, I don't want you to hurt yourself."

Diluc calmly says as you open your eyes to meet his crimson coloured iris'. He looked so much more attractive from this angle.

"S-Sorry, it won't happen again."

You laugh nervously and swiftly look away from his gaze. You notice he was still holding you even though you were capable of standing up right, not that you minded though.

"Good. You may go home now."

You groan a little too loud in disappointment and sigh. The truth is, you wanted to stay with him all night, you liked being with him, whether you were talking to each other or in silence. You got yourself back onto your feet and dusted off your clothes.

"Do I have to g—actually never mind, goodnight Diluc."

You whisper, trying not to look disappointed as you started walking towards the tavern door. Honestly, this was to be expected. Diluc was never known to enjoy someone else's company.

You put your hand on the cold, metal handle but just as you are opening it, it is abruptly shut by a much bigger hand.

"You don't want to go? Why? Why would you want to stay here, late at night, with me?"