- lucky charm

[age of 4]
written by bieke
@crxscxntmoon

this chapter has been requested by @lbushey in "Formule One, one shots". thank you again for your request!

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

It was the first of the 2019 season, also it being the first race with Scuderia Ferrari for the Monegasque driver; Charles Leclerc.

He felt excited. Anxious, but in a healthy way. And bringing his goddaughter to the track with the rest of his family was an extra thing to give him pressure.

This is what he was racing for though, to reach Ferrari, and everybody in the sports knew it.

"Charles!"

The high pitched voice of hers got him out of his thoughts, and a smile appeared on his face. He knelt down and opened his arms as she was running towards him.

"Ma chérie." he said while embracing Morgane in a hug.

"Tu vas gagner aujourd'hui, je sais cela!" she whispered in his ear, smiling at him.
["You are going to win today, I know it!"]

Morgane was only five years old, but her vocabulary was outstanding already.

He patted her head and lifted her up so she was now in his arms. She proudly sat straight up. If she was sitting in his arms, she was almost taller than him. She had a perfect view over the 'streets' and all of the cars in the 'garages'.

"Voulez-vous rencontrer mon coéquipier?" he asked her while pointing over to the all red place. She nodded in response, twinkles in her eyes.
["Do you want to meet my teammate?"]

Morgane thought this place was amazing. She had no idea what was going on, but she loved it here.

Charles walked over to the Ferrari box where Sebastian was talking with his engineers. Morgane was moving around in his arms a lot as she tried to take in every detail of the place, and Charles made sure she was secure in his arms.

"Seb!" he said, getting the attention of the German driver. He looked up and saw the little girl sitting on his younger teammate's arm.

"Ah, if that isn't Morgane."

"Yes, she is. This is her first ever race, so it's very special to me." Sebastian had only known Charles for a little while now, but he knew how much the little brunette meant to Charles and how badly he had wanted to take her on a race. And now it finally happened.

Morgane looked at them with confusion as she didn't understand a single word of what they just said. She only spoke french, which was totally understandable for a five year old.

"Que?" She asked, receiving a chuckle from both of the drivers.
["What?"]

"She sure isn't the shy one, is she?" the German said to Charles, who shook his head. He then turned to Morgane. "Bonjour Morgane, je m'appelle Seb. Enchanté de faire votre connaissance."
["Hello Morgane, I am Seb. Nice to meet you."]

Charles was surprised by how well his teammate spoke french, but he appreciated it, as Morgane and Sebastian could now understand each other.

"Coucou Seb, également!"
["Hello Seb, likewise."]

That word, Sebastian didn't understand and he looked at Charles with a puzzled face. "It means 'likewise'." He nodded and carefully shook the girl's hand to formally meet.

She giggled at the action. "Seb" was nice. And Charles liked him, that was very important to her. Morgane loved Charles, and he loved her.

The two men said their goodbyes and Morgane started to walk off with her godfather, as he had put her down a little bit before.

She turned around to face Sebastian once more and said: "Seb, Charles va gagner aujourd'hui."
["Seb, Charles is going to win today."]

She said it with such a proud smile that nobody even cared what she said, you lit up another space with her endearing smile. But Sebastian understood what Morgane said.

"Je suis sûr." he said while winking at Charles who shook his shoulders.
["I am sure."]

"She keeps saying that to everyone she sees."

"Then make sure you will. You are starting P5, it's not impossible."

The race went by and Morgane was watching from the grandstands together with Pascale, Lorenzo, Arthur and Giada. She was clapping enthusiastically everytime cars flew by. She had absolutely no idea which team was which, or even which car Charles was driving in, but she was enjoying this day.

And much to the girl's predictions, Charles won the Australian Grand Prix, passing car by car.

Lorenzo took her in his arms and threw her in the air of excitement.

"Charles a gagné, Morgane! Il a gagné!"
["Charles won, Morgane! He won!"]

Her eyes widened when she realized what he was saying and she yelped.

Lorenzo pushed himself with Morgane on his back through the Ferrari team that was waiting for Charles to jump into them, so that she was up front.

As soon as Charles got out of his car and looked over at his team, he saw his brother and his goddaughter. She had been telling everyone that he was going to win, but he never dared to think that it would become the truth.

He ran over to the crowd and hugged the team before picking Morgane off Lorenzo's back and holding her into the air like she was Simba.

She loved the Lion King.

She was loving the attention and she waved around her as if she was a princess.

Charles put the girl down on the ground while being congratulated by Pierre and Sebastian. He took off his helmet and put it on Morgane's head, making sure to leave the visor open.

"Tu est mon Lucky Charm."
["You are my Lucky Charm."]

Morgane was so proud of him, she couldn't stop smiling. A lot about the sports she didn't know, but what she did know was that Charles loved it and all he wanted to do was make his family proud.

Cameras were flashing as hundreds of pictures were being taken of the cute moment. Morgane stroke a pose and flexed her arms to show off her 'muscles'.

Everybody was laughing and Charles took his helmet back, also handing her over to Lorenzo again.

Morgane truly was his lucky charm and he was sure to bring her to more of his races.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*