- finding a sport

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

[age of 8]
written by bieke

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

Finding a suitable sport wasn't so easy with picky Morgane Bianchi. She had too many fantasies idealizing everything she ever did. Nothing was ever living up to her bright imaginations. And it was going like that finding a sport as well. They had looked at swimming, hockey, golfing and even equestrian sports as she loved animals so much, but she liked none of them all too well, even after attending some free practice classes.

The whole Leclerc family, including Charlotte, slowly started giving up on finding a sport for the little girl as they only had two other practice lessons scheduled. Football and gymnastics. And though the family also knew that Morgane really had her eye on go-karting, it was something that Charles simply wouldn't allow. He was too afraid of the risks it would take. He was glad she was still young though, so it would be easier to get the idea of herself going karting out of her head. She would be involved in the motorsports world anyway as he and Arthur obviously were competing themselves, but he didn't want her to step into a formula car, ever.

"Come on, chérie." Charles whispered, trying to wake up a sleeping Morgane. "We have both the gymnastic and football practices today." It was still early in the morning for a Saturday but the gymnastics class would already start at 10, so she should really get ready.

Morgane twisted once more and then woke up with a smile on her face as she saw Charles sitting next to her on the bed. "Good morning, Charles." she croaked, her voice a little raw from sleeping. He caressed her cheek with a bright smile and said: "Good morning, ma belle. It's time to get up and get ready for gymnastics."

The girl nodded in excitement and got out of bed easily, not loitering as she got herself ready. She seemed to be excited to go to the sports lesson, but on the other hand, this was how she had been for all of the other practices as well. She always looked forward to doing new things. So this was no assurance for anyone in the house. Still Charles held hope.

It was Charlotte who went to the gymnastics class with Morgane, accompanied by Pascale. Later on, with the football class, Lorenzo would join in instead of Pascale as she had a few appointments.

Everything went so well, Morgane seemed to have so much fun. She immediately got along with the kids who were doing the sports for a longer time already and she seemed to pick up on the techniques rather fast. A smile was plastered on the girl's face the whole time, apart from times she was focussing on the exercises, which brought the two women accompanying her a smile to their faces as well.

Practice was over, football would be in two hours. Morgane skipped over to Charlotte and fell into her arms. "This was so much fun!" she chirped.

"Yeah? Did you enjoy it?" Charlotte replied while ruffling the girl's hair a bit.
      "I did. Are we going to football practice now?" Morgane asked merrily.
  "In a bit, darling. We will go to get some lunch first. Go get your stuff from the dressing rooms."

And she was headed off to take her stuff and leave the building. She was quicker than expected and Charlotte and Pascale shared a confused look.

They went out for lunch in Eze, a smaller village near Monaco. Perfectly located between Nice, where the gymnastics were, and Monaco, where the football club would be. Lorenzo met the three up at the small café and then replace his mother to join the football practice as agreed.

The football team was full of boys. Morgane was the only girl and to be fair, she felt stared at. As if she wasn't supposed to be here. So immediately her mood dropped slightly and just hoped for the best. She was lucky she wasn't shy and she joined the pack of boys her age onto the field.

"We won't use the whole field?" Morgane asked after she looked around, only to notice that there was a yellow marked smaller field. Some of the boys chuckled.
  "No, we will not. The whole field is too big. Kids your age start on smaller fields, but as you get older and better, you will move on to the big field." The trainer smiled at the young girl. He was happy a girl joined the team. He had wanted some diversity again after it had been so long since he had a girl representing the team too. "Come on, we'll start with running two laps around the field for warm up. Team up in pairs after."

He patted the brown haired girl on her head and gave her a slight push for her to start running, which she did. In fact, she kept up with the boys with ease. She ran her laps and examined her teammates for someone to partner up with. But the pairs were quickly made. Everyone had someone, it seemed. Until a red-haired boy skipped towards her.

"Hello, I am Théodore, but you can call me Théo."
  "Hi Théo. I am Morgane, nice to meet you."
  "Nice to meet you too. Do you want to partner up?"
  "Yes for sure! Thank you."
  "No problem. Let's go, we need to listen to Abdou." Théo finished off their small talk and Morgane followed his gaze to their trainer, Abdou. She nodded and listened carefully to what was said, so she would know what to do. She wanted to do the best she could, she wanted to leave a good impression.

The two kids stayed by each other's side the remaining time and gave a thumbs up to Lorenzo and Charlotte at times, so they would know she was doing alright. She really was having fun. She didn't have too hard of a time to keep up with the others and Théo and Abdou would help her out otherwise.

Time flew by and the training was done before Morgane even realized that it was over. She talked some more with Théodore on the field, while their trainer had walked over to the two people who were there with Morgane.

"Hello, nice to see you again. Sorry for the short introduction in the beginning, we were running a bit late but I wanted to complement Morgane on how she did today. You are her... Parents?" He asked, rather hesitant than confident. Both replied with a genuine smile, not minding the wrong guess.
  "No, I am the girlfriend of his brother. My boyfriend is the godfather of Morgane. Which makes me a caretaker too." Charlotte didn't want to get into the situation too much and hoped that the young trainer would understand.
  "Alright. My apologies for my assumption. Morgane did really well today, I am happy she could keep up with the boys so well. It has been a while since we've had a girl on the team and I think she could really fit in if she wanted to."
  "It looked like she had a lot of fun indeed. We've been trying to find her something to do that she truly enjoys and it's been hard honestly. But we were talking about how happy we were that she tagged along and found someone to connect with."
  "Yes, Théodore is the best. Very social and bubbly boy, he is one of the best in the team and I think he could pull Morgane along in his learning. The main thing still being having fun of course. I am just so happy to see these kids have fun and develop themselves.
  "Yeah, it's beautiful."
  "Hey, I could give you some forms to fill in for if she wants to join our club. But she is definitely welcome for three more test-practices."
  "Thank you so much. And thanks for your help and for guiding Morgane through the training."

The whole ride back, the girl wasn't to be stopped to talk about the training. It was like she had completely forgotten about gymnastics in the morning. The other two looked at each other and smiled widely. Maybe football was going to be the thing she was going to love, and take her mind off of the possibility of racing. She said she was going to tell Charles all about it when he got back home later that day and then broke off her sentence to sing along with her favorite song. She was hyperactive, and Charlotte knew that it was a sign of the girl's weariness. And how she was right, because not even three minutes later, it fell completely silent in the back as Morgane had passed out into a deep sleep. It had been a long day at last.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*