- silverstone gp 2021

[age of 6]
written by fleur
Mandolin016

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

The school year in Monaco had ended a month and a half ago, and Charlotte was eager to finally take Morgane to her first race since 2019. This was going to be a tough race for Charles, given the sixth anniversary of Jules' death was approaching. His girlfriend could only hope that bringing Morgane along would make him feel a little better.

Morgane had insisted on packing her small suitcase for the trip all by herself a week before. She was so excited. Charles had even promised to show her his car up close on race day. Of course Charlotte had let her pack her own bag, but she checked it after to make sure the little girl had packed the correct clothing. When it came time to board the plane, she held Morgane's hand as they excitedly skipped down the runway to Ferrari's private jet that was picking them up from Nice. The six year old ran up the tall steps to the plane. "Charles!" She screamed when she saw her godfather. Charles picked Morgane up and twirled her around. She giggled as Charles set her down. "Ma fleur!  Je suis tellement excité que vous soyez ici!  Tu m'as manqué!" "Tu m'as manqué aussi Charles!" She responded. Charles led her to her seat next to him, and gave Charlotte a kiss when she boarded next. "Carlos, Isa" Charles said in English to the couple sitting across the aisle from him, "You know my girlfriend Charlotte." Charlotte greeted them before sitting in her seat across from Morgane. "And this is my goddaughter Morgane, she is Jules' daughter." Morgane looked at Charles confused. All she could pull from the sentence was her name and that of her father. "Voici Carlos et Isa.  Carlos est mon coéquipier.  Dis bonjour." The Ferrari driver told her. "Bonjour. Mon nom est Carlos.  Ravi de vous rencontrer." Carlos said in broken French, waving to the little girl. "Bonjour Carlos.  Je suis Morgane." She looked at Isa, Carlos' girlfriend. "Bonjour Isa. Tu es très jolie." Isa smiled at her then looked at Charles. "What did she say?" She whispered. "She said that you are very pretty." Isa grinned. "Please tell her I said thank you, Charles. And that she is a very beautiful little girl."

Whether he wanted to admit it or not, Saturday was a very hard day for Charles. Sure he had finished p4 in the sprint race, but he couldn't ignore that today was July 17. It had been six years since Jules died. Charles sent Camille a quick text when he got up in the morning saying he was thinking about her and that Morgane was having a great time during her first trip to England. He even sent her a picture of her daughter doing a cartwheel on the Silverstone Circuit and a video of her waving to her maman. He didn't get a response, but he knew that Camille was in a tough place mentally. Her daughter, meanwhile, was blissfully unaware of the day's significance. Charles had breakfast in the Ferrari motor home at the track with Charlotte, Morgane, and his trainer Andrea. It was noticeable in the atmosphere that everyone who knew Jules felt sad today. As Charles was picking at his porridge, Morgane asked "Why are you sad today Charles?" Charlotte set her spoon down. "Ma fleur, today is a hard day because we lost your papa on this day." Morgane looked down at the table solemnly, then back up at Charles across from her. "How did he die?" She asked. The three adults at the table looked at her shocked. Morgane of course knew that Jules was dead, but she had never been told how he died. She never asked and Charles always thought that she would just worry about him if she found out. Luckily, Pierre came to wish Charles luck for the race, interrupting and ending the awkward  conversation.

It was Sunday: Race Day. Morgane was beyond excited. Charles was starting p4 on the grid, so he very well could come home with a podium. As she was getting older, the young girl had learned the ins-and-outs of Formula One. She didn't know everything of course, but she was definitely more knowledgeable than any casual fan. Charles had kissed her and Charlotte goodbye before he went to the grid. Morgane and Charlotte went to sit at the back of the Ferrari garage with Isa, whom Morgane was quick to show her Ferrari shirt and red nails, hair bows, and shoes. She even had a matching sparkly red mask.