chapter three - only true

A little while later I was woken up by a light shake, feeling two hands gently rotating me. I quickly blitzed my eyes open turning around confused on what had happened.

Louis must have noticed my confusion because he said, "Hey, you fell asleep." Releasing a short chuckle as he finished speaking.

"Oh sorry I didn't mean to- and oh I was laying on you-" I rambled.

"Don't worry." He smiled. "It felt comfortable but come on it's time for dinner, the others are already downstairs."

"Oh okay yeah." I stood up letting out a small stretch.

"Didn't get much sleep?" Louis questioned.

"Yeah how could I missed you all so much!" I smiled as I watched his face lightly glow up.

We walked out of Issie's room, Louis walking behind me. He softly closed the door and we walked down the stairs and into the dining room.

They had a large medium brown wood stained table with 10 chairs. It was perfect for the 9 of us. I sat down next to Millie and the left end where Louis followed me to sit at one head of the table.

The others greeted us with smiles as they had been talking amongst one another.

"So are you all excited to be back at school soon?" Mrs Partridge asked as she funneled a portion of food onto her plate.

"Definitely not." Louis scoffed.

"Oh please I'm sure you'll all have fun." Mrs Partridge replied.

"Yea I mean I'd probably rather be on holiday but it won't be too bad." I shared, taking a bite of the food. To be fair I could have said so many other things. I definitely have a love hate relationship with school. Sure there are some classes I enjoy learning in but who wouldn't love to sleep in and hang out with friends all day. But then again I wanted to lighten the mood and provide a positive tone after Louis' low key depressing comment.

I've always been good at school, smart, but it's stressful and I'm going to be going into my second to last year. It was definitely going to be hard.

Returning back to reality I watched as the parents continued their curiosity within Millie and Issie while Louis and Will carried a separate conversation.

Louis and Will are the same age and are going into their last year before University. I'm unfortunately not in the same grade as Louis but I take advanced classes so my schedule often blends with theirs.

*small time skip*

We finished dinner and the parents cleared the plates as the kids traveled to the living room.

Sitting on the sofa, I leaned back and scrolled on instagram. Louis sat next to me with Mills on the other side. Louis peered over my shoulder and watched as i scrolled and liked or commented on various posts.

"Why do you comment so much on someone's post?" He asked confused as to why I had spammed one of my good friends comment section with various hearts and compliments.

"I don't know it's just what you do to show affection on social media." I said laughing at his question.

"Weird." Louis replied.

"Oh Louis what do you know!?" Millie chimed in.

"Very true. Millie's right." I said continuing to laugh. "Not like you know much about girls." I teased.

Louis' jaw dramatically dropped in offense. "Rude."
He said sarcastically.

"Only true." I said shrugging my shoulders. I then laid down placing my head on Millie's lap which was to the left of me, continuing to scroll.

To be honest, Louis had plenty of girls to choose from. He was popular I guess you could say. But he hadn't had many girlfriends or even seemed to show interest in a girl longer than a make out at a party.

"Omg look at him!" I said placing a hand over my mouth, as I nudged Millie to look.

"Oh yea he's cute! Who is he?" Millie replied looking eagerly at the phone.

"Who's who?" Louis added now trying to peer over at my phone, which I easily turned away.

"Nobody." I giggled.

"Let me see." Louis commented. "Why am I not allowed to?"

I looked up at Millie as we both began to laugh then I looked back at the screen ignoring Louis comment, or at least not responding to it.

Issie was at the other end of the couch texting someone, while Will had the TV turned on to a show.

"Ok whatever. I really don't get what's so funny." Louis said.

"Why do you even care anyways?" I said.

"I don't know? I was just curious. I wanted to pass my judgement." Louis replied.

Millie and I burst out laughing again as I continued scrolling.

a/n -
hope you enjoyed chapter 3! the relationships are starting to form and become more evident especially the teasing between y/n and millie to louis ;) please comment your thoughts and vote 💋💋