chapter eighteen - frozen peas

I lifted up a green pot on the porch which reveled a small gold key under. I picked it up and inserted it into the door lock.

"You really still keep your key there?" Louis said laughing softly.

"Hey it works." I said laughing back and shrugging my shoulders a little as i wiggled the key in the lock.

I opened the door and told Louis to go inside. I put the key back under the pot and entered the house. It was dark besides the little light seeping in from the porch.

"It's really dark in here!" Louis said a little too loudly. 

"Shhh! My parents are asleep!" I said in a yelling whisper. "I don't want all the lights waking them up."

He nodded and I grabbed his arm, dragging him up the stairs behind me. We walked into my room and I closed the door. I then turned on the light and motioned for him to sit on my bed while I walked into the bathroom that was connected to my room. Rummaging through one of my drawers for some first aid products I sensed Louis looking throughout the room.

"I don't think I've been in your room in years." He said.

"Yeah I guess I always go to your house." I responded running a washcloth under warm water.

I walked over to the bed with my products and sat them next to him. I had to stand up because of I sat down he would be too tall. I stood in front of him as he hung his legs off the side of my bed facing me. Taking the wet cloth, I carefully pressed it on the cut where the blood was pretty dry now. Louis winced slightly but tried not to show it.

"Don't be such a baby." I said laughing softly. 

"You try getting beat up." He responded rolling his eyes jokingly.

I continued to clean the cut and I could feel his eyes on me, they didn't move. The world went quiet for a little, like it was just Louis and I and no one else, it felt nice.

I finished by putting some cream on it and a bandage.

"I'm going to go get you some ice for your eye." I told him.

"No please, don't worry I'll be fine." Louis said.

"Louis your eye is literally black! I'll be back soon." I reassured him.

He smiled softly and I began to leave the room. I headed downstairs to the kitchen. I opened the freezer and grabbed some frozen peas. Closing the freezer, I heard my phone buzz. It was Millie FaceTiming me.

mills 👩‍❤️‍💋‍👩 wants to facetime

accept decline

I answered the call and propped the phone on the flower vase on the kitchen island.

"Hey y/n where are you?" She asked confused. The background was loud so I could tell she was still at the party.

"Oh sorry Mills I forgot to tell you I went home. Louis got in a fight and omg it's such a long story." I explained.

"Wait what he got in a fight!? Tell me what happened!" She said concerned.

"Yes but he's fine. He's actually in my room right now, I'm bringing him ice." I said holding up the bad of friezes peas so she could see it. "I'll tell you the full story tomorrow."

"Oh ok. Well I'm going to go home with a friend then. I just wanted to make sure you were good." Mills said.

"Okay thanks Mills, get home safe, love you." I responded.

"Thanks, love you too. Bye." She said ending the call.

I took the bag of peas and turned off the kitchen light. Returning to my room, I found Louis asleep on my bed. I walked over to him and put the frozen peas on the nightstand next to him. I gently rubbed his back and he opened his eyes softly.

"Oh sorry I didn't mean to fall asleep." He said groggily.

"It's okay." I said laughing a little. "Here." I said handing him the frozen bag, which he put on his eye.

I walked toward the end of the bed and began untying his shoes. "You can sleep here tonight I don't want you going home alone this late." I said placing his shoes on the floor.

"Thanks Y/n." He said with a soft smile. "I can sleep on the couch."

"No it's okay my bed is big, stay here you already look so comfortable." I said with a laugh.

"I'll go get you a change of clothes from Will's room." I told him and walked out.

I returned with a pair of sweats and a t-shirt. I gave them to Louis and told him he could change in the bathroom.

I then went to my closet and changed into some pajamas.

your outfit:

I came out and Louis was already in my bed asleep

I came out and Louis was already in my bed asleep. I went to the bathroom to wash off my makeup and brush my teeth. I then turned off the light and got into bed. Pretty soon after, I was out.

a/n - a short but wholesome chapter. thank you for all the support 🤍