chapter thirteen - who wants to know?

It was starting to get cold. Even though it was summer, there was a cool haze brushing through the air. The sun was nearly set, and some of the city lights had already began to flicker on.

There was only around half an hour before the game started so Millie and I decided to head back to the school.

I watched my feet step over each sidewalk crack as Millie and I rambled to one another. We passed through the green park which was filled with families scurrying around and friends laughing, there was such a pleasant aura frolicking about.

I was wearing a pair of medium wash straight-leg jeans with a black baby tee and black platform docs. In my hand, I was carrying a my school's black hoodie for when it got cold. The back had the number 6 on it in a bold white font with the name 'franklyn-miller' spread across the top.

All the players and their families got a hoodie with the name and number of the person they represented. Millie's said 'partridge' with a number 3.

Stepping on some leaves which brushed the pavement throughout the park, I heard by phone lightly vibrate.

jules 👼
hey i'm here
are you guys here yet?

y/n 💋
no, nearly
we'll be there in like 2 min

jules 👼
k text me when you you're here

y/n 💋
okok

"Jules is there and I told here we'd be there in two minutes, we should hurry." I told Mills.

"Okay, then come on!" She said begging to pick up a pace, soon running.

"Ah okay wait for me!" I yelled catching up to her.

~~

We soon reached the school and entered inside. The field was in the back so we'd have to walk all throughout the school first.

It was weird to stroll the hallways without a constant bustle around. It was quiet apart from our steps and voices. There was no yelling or laughing. No shoving or bumping into one another, it was nice but strange.

Once we reached the back exit, Millie opened the door revealing the large outside. We could hear the sound of chatter and feet scuffing at the grass as the football players were warming up.

y/n 💋
here
i have to say hi to my parents before the game starts
where are you?

jules 👼
i see you guys
just stay there

y/n 💋
ok

A couple seconds later I saw the girl running towards us. She was wearing a pair of mid-washed cargo jeans and purple graphic tea which had a yin-yang sign on it. Over top she had a pink, white and green plaid puffer coat and black high top converse.

"Hey!" Jules greeted.

"Hi!" Millie and I said at the same time.

"Okay so basically," I started at Jules, in order to explain how things worked since she was new, "Mills and I have to go meet our parents first and then we can go off wherever we want."

"Okay. Sounds good." She said.

"Oh and you can meet them as well." I told her.