Chapter 30

Unedited

I blinked.

What did he just say?

I think I'm going crazy.

He chuckled softly. "No you're not. It's true. I do think I am in love with you."

Apparently I'd said that out loud.

I didn't know how to react to that. My heart shut out the joy that wanted to creep in there in fear of it being ripped away again. How was I going to survive if he changed his mind later on?

But was it possible? For Farhan to actually fall for me? What if it was true? What if, I could get the happily ever after that I've always wanted?

"Ayan told me that you were in love with me before you left the house. Why didn't you say anything?" He asked, gently moving a strand of hair away from my face.

A volcano of fire errupted inside me. In that moment, I felt furious.

He was here because of what Ayan told him? He was confused because I was pitiful?

In a fit of rage, I pushed his hands away.

"So the great Farhan Shahid Waqar has taken pity on his wife?" I muttered, standing up. I stumbled a bit but refused his help by pushing him away. "You think I'm pitiful, don't you?"

"Wait Ayesha, let me expl-"

"No!" I shouted, my eyes glazed with tears. "You think you're so high and mighty, coming here because you found out the poor girl likes you? Do you think I'm a charity case?!"

He looked speechless. Panicked, at the most. He tried to hold my hands but I didn't let him.

"You came here to divorce me right? Then do it! Don't let my situation confuse you. You never were bothered about how I lived my life anyway. So just throw me out of your life like your original plan!" Tears streamed down my face but they were angry tears.

"Ayesha, just let me explain. Don't do this, you're so weak right now," he pleaded.

I shook my head. "Don't. I don't need your sympathy, okay? Do I not know how you've felt about this relationship from the start? You expect me to believe this? Go away, and don't look back. Don't look at how I'm doing, don't wonder if I'm alive or not. You're- you're not the first one to do this so don't worry."

I lone sob escaped my lips.

He was going to take me and then leave me again because sympathy always, always runs out. It wasn't love. It was pity.

I limped away from him and locked myself inside my bedroom. I'd rather rot here than be taken in as a charity case.

I slipped down to the floor and cried my heart out. I think he could hear me but I didn't care. He was one of the many Springs of my life that were to come and go. For him to stay out of pity was pure nonsense. I simply refuse to go through all that again.

Between my crying, the sun set. I didn't bother turning on a light so it was pitch black. I got up and limped to the bathroom. The light nearly blinded me but I had to get functioning again. I was hungry.

I washed my face and brushed my hair, cleaning my dishevelled state. If I were a man, I would've grown a light stuble by now.

After changing into something else, I unlocked the door and walked outside. The house stood silent.

Maybe he left.

If I was hoping he'd still be here, it was crushed. I walked over to the couches and realized that the litter I'd caused was all gone. The cushions were in place, the first aid kit was packed again.