Chapter 17

Farhan's PoV

I drove home as fast as I could. I wanted to speak to her desperately. I would've done it sooner if I hadn't gotten that stupid emergency call from the office. One of the employees had accidentally misplaced an important contract and I had to go open up the archive section to help her look for it. It took some time but I stepped on it and drove home faster and wilder than ever before.

The things this woman was doing to me.

But I was still confused about what the hell had happened back there. I admit it was wrong of me to put her through the pain of going there but I never thought it would affect her this much. She never disrespected anyone, at least not infront of me. Then why did she do it to Aswad and Zareena? They are respectable people. Uncle Aswad had even been concerned about her.

I parked the car, slammed the door shut and got inside the house. I climbed up the steps and decided to check my room first. But before I could, my eyes fell on Ayesha's previous bedroom.

Its door was open.

I walked inside, only to find Zain kneeling over Ayesha. I felt my blood boil with rage. This Zain guy was really beginning to get on my nerves.

"Touch her and I'll cut off your hands Zain Suleman. Just try." I growled, angrily clenching my fists.

How dare he even touch my wife?

He got up and turned to me, smirking. We came neck-to-neck with each other.

"Why not? After all, she still mourns my loss. And I will make her mine. You watch." He smirked.

I narrowed my eyes at him. "I will tell Humeyra if-"

"You will?! How will she take it? What will be its impact on the baby, Farhan?," he made a sarcastically sad face, "What type of Mamu(uncle) would you be if you hurt your own sister's baby?" He mocked.

I couldn't take it anymore. I punched him. The impact was so strong his entire body lurched sideways. I rubbed my knuckles, satisfied.

He looked back at me, eyes blazing with fury. He strode forward and grabbed my collar. I stared at him, sizing him up.

I was never afraid of him. Even if he thought he had the upper hand, he was wrong. Humeira deserved ten folds of a better person than him. I would never force her to stay with a greedy bastard.

"Ayesha will be mine. And you will just stand and watch. How I will divorce your sister and leave her heartbroken. You will be able to do nothing." He sneered.

I pryed his hands off my collar and fixed it.

"Do whatever you want Zain. I will see to it that your bussiness goes down. And I literally mean down the drain. You think you can stand inside my house and threaten me? Have you forgotten what a lousy background you have? Have you already forgotten all the favours I've given to you? And as for my sister, you are a good-for-nothing, pathetic maniac. She doesn't deserve you. And lastly Ayesha. She is my wife. And till she is in Nikkah with me, all you can do is dream," I smirked. Dealing with him in his own way was my only option right now.

Even if me and Ayesha had nothing between us, I wasn't going to let him get in between.

The colour wore off of his face and so did the smirk.

I moved forward and lifted Ayesha up in my arms. She snuggled her head in my shoulder as I gazed at her.

I needed to fix this.

I looked at Zain who was staring at us. I walked out of the room with my head held high and with Ayesha in my arms.

I carried her to my room and shut the door behind us. I placed her on the bed and tucked her in. I did notice the broken pieces of the vase.