Chapter 7

Hoping you like it. :)

Aunty told me that she had applied for other nurses at the Home Nursing Centre. She said she wasn't going to find anyone as good as me, but since I was going to become her daughter-in-law, and move into Farhan's house, she needed someone after me.

I asked her many times why couldn't she just move in with her sons. She just kept waving away all the answers. She gave me the dreaded date of the rukhsati this morning. And it's just 3 days ahead, on Friday. She chose Friday because whatever you do on this day gives you double sawaab.

She said that if we marry on this day, Allah shall bless us forever. That's the reason me and Farhan got engaged on a Friday and our Nikkah was also on a Friday. I agree with her to be honest. About the whole blessing thing.

I decided that it was time I inform Asmara. After tucking Aunty in for her afternoon nap, I called Asmara.

"Oh Allah! Only 3 days?!" She shreaked so loud that I had to hold the mobile away from my ear. "Dont worry. Just text me your size and I will buy your dress from here. And did you invite the orphanage people?"

At their mention, I felt sad. They raised me into a perfect woman. "No I didn't. They can't afford coming here. Too much expensive for them." I sighed sadly.

"Ok. Call Aima and tell her about your marriage. At least they could congratulate you on it." She said. I brightened up at the idea. "Okay!" I said. "Oh and Asmara?"

"Yes?"

"Try not to eat Hassan's brains too much. I know you get hyper when you shop."

I ain't kidding. One time, we went shopping and she couldn't find anything, anything at all, that she liked. We walked out of 6 shops empty handed. Finally, getting cramps in my legs, I told her to buy something. We went back to the orphanage after wasting 4 hours of our lives at the mall. And it was only clothes shopping.

She chuckled. "I won't. Okay talk to you later. Bye. Love you and miss you."

"Bye. Love and miss you too." I said and hung up. I took my measurements and texted them to Asmara. I huffed and sat down on the couch in the lounge.

The door bell rang.

I got up and straightened my shirt and fixed my dupatta. I walked over to the door and opened it, only to find a grinning Ayan standing at the door. He had his arms crossed across his chest.

I mirrored his position.

"What? Won't you invite your sweet brother-in-law in?" He asked, making an innocent face. I nodded no.

He feigned a hurt look. I laughed and gestured with my hands towards the apartment.

"Come in, Your Highness." I laughed.

He bent at his right and picked up a shopping bag. He entered inside and handed it to me. I looked at him quizically.

"I bought some clothes for you. Mom told me to. She said she wants you to wear clothes given to you by your in-laws from now on." He said, running his hand through his hair.

I nodded and turned around to go and keep the bag in my room. "Wait." He called out.

I turned and looked at him questioningly. "Mom said to take you out for shopping. You know for shoes and jewellery and stuff." He said, shifting from one foot to another.

I began to laugh at his uneasiness. He sure was embarassed because of all this.

"Ok ok. Dont worry. I'll just go and change and then we can go. Don't worry. You don't have to enter any of the ladies shops. I'll manage by myself." I chuckled.