Chapter 43

Unedited

"I'm a-? What-?"

Ayan's expression was so funny, I nearly guffawed.

"You're going to be a father silly," I repeated, my grin wider than ever now.

Farhan smiled as he looked at his brother who still couldn't believe this was happening. Fatima was blushing furiously and Humeyra was beaming.

"I'm going to be a Taya(elder uncle)!" Farhan exclaimed.

Ayan jumped up and quickly moved over to his wife, who grabbed his hand and dragged him inside. She even had tears in her eyes.

☆☆☆

"I missed you my room!" I exclaimed, dropping straight on the bed.

Aunty's apartment was nice and cosy but I wouldn't say I didn't miss my old room and house.

"Rest up all you want honey," Farhan mumbled from the doorway. He was dragging all of our luggage inside. He looked like he was about to fall.

I quickly ran over to him and grabbed a bag, "Sorry. I was just so excited to be back."

I put it over on the bed and tugged at the zipper when I felt arms snake around my waist and a hard chest on my back.

My heart beat quickened and a slight blush crept up my cheeks. I still couldn't get used to this. But I was also really comfortable with all this. It was like my real home. I placed my hands over his warm ones.

"And I missed my home too," he muttered, resting his chin on my hair.

I smiled as he swayed us a bit. "You've been pretty tense about Humeyra haven't you?"

He sighed, "More than you think. I even had to postpone our honeymoon because of all that."

"Well that was more important. But I guess it'll be over soon?" I rubbed his hands.

"It will. I sent him the divorce notice and the trial begins next week. As soon as all this is over, we go straight to the middle of nowhere."

"I love you honey but I'm a little scared of nowhere," I chuckled nervously.

"You'll have me so don't you worry," he stated.

I turned around and placed my hands on his broad chest. He smiled at me and gently moved a piece of stray hair away from my face.

"Where are we going though?" I asked, eyeing him suspiciously. His mischievous smile made my eyes wide. "Oh my God. You're going to take me to North Korea aren't you?"

"What-? No!" He laughed. "If I had to do that, I could just leave you somewhere near Waziristan inside Pakistan. Why would I fly all the way to North Korea?"

I slapped his chest as he laughed.

"So, that girl that came over with Zain, she was Arooj, right?" I asked.

He nodded. "Yep."

"Did you do as I told you? At the hospital?"

I wasn't doubting him but I kind of wanted to know if she made a pass at him.

He frowned, "Actually, no. I was expecting her to do that but she was really mature about all that happened. She even apologised and expressed her desire to meet Humeyra and Mehr."

My eyebrows shot up. "She did?"

He looked at me, "Humeyra told me she's been through a lot in the last 2 years. She married an abusive man and divorced him and then remarried. Her husband was a douchebag. He beat her up and was actually an alcoholic and also a druggie."