Chapter -38-The day i met you

Alex's POV

What was I doing here? I told myself I came here for Jessica, but all I did till now was be a burden. She was not only about to die once but twice. I am such a useless person. Guilt, uselessness , sadness, all these feelings came rushing into me.

Maybe I should have never come, if I was just going to a burden. I should have taken another boat or just swim back, when I first realised how useless I was. Still, I did not want to leave her.

My thoughts were interrupted by a voice. "Alex!!! I don't know what you are thinking, but I hope it isn't anything negative. Everything is fine. Everyone is alive and safe," I looked up to see Jessica giving me a small weak smile. I felt the negative thoughts flowing away. Yes right now, I must get my act together, we are not back yet. Guilt would not help in this situation.

I nodded with a grin on my face, which turned into instant worry. "Wait, why are you here? Go back to sleep!" I ignored her 'I am fine' protests and dragged her to the storage room.

We entered the storage room under the deck of the ship. She slowly laid down, resting her head on a hard piece of wood. I shook my head. Sitting down I moved her head to my lap. She jolted at this sudden movement. I just wanted her to rest properly, it did not matter then if it was appropriate.

"Rest," I whispered. "Before I knock you out." She automatically closed her eyes drifting off to sleep, she must have been really tired. She looked almost dead if it wasn't for her chest moving up and down and the sound of her breathing, though it was very light. One can't help but worry about this girl.

I touched her hair as usual it was beautiful and silky despite the rough conditions it had to deal with. It was easily one her most attractive feature along with her smile. That reminds me of the time I met her.

******
It was a pleasant day at the camp, the sun shining brightly, clouds drifting giving us shade sometimes and getting sighs for relief, then drifting off, followed by few groans of disappointment.

Everyone were training when a person I have never seen around was walking with Chiron who was showing her around . "She's probably new," I thought. She had the a look which I couldn't quite understand. As if she already knew all this but she's excited about it. Her wavy black hair was tied back , few strands falling on her face , moving due to the wind. She was in jeans and a black shirt . Her black eyes were shining with excitement, like a kid in an amusement park.
She was a very interesting person to say the least.

Everyone was shocked , myself included, when we heard who her parent is, Hades. Like such a excited and amiable person was the daughter of god of death? Does that makes any sense?. After that day everyone had ignored her as they were mostly scared. Not that they had cared much before either. They started giving her looks though she looked like she didn't even care in the slightest.

She was only here during the summer and winter break . One day during the summer break, Chiron asked me to train her and get her mastered in combat. Obviously I had agreed. Though instead of teaching much I spent the whole time in awe of her. She was beautiful. Her fighting style was so elegant but at the same time natural. I hated how that made me more a son of war but I couldn't help it, I had started falling for her.

She was easily one of the most fun people to be around. She was chill but at the same time had a really weird personality. The way she spoke of her brother which annoyed me to no extent. She was also oh so very stupid, reckless and selfless to a fault, which made me become more and more protective of her. These small things pushed me in and drowned me deeper and deeper that I could no longer escape her grasp.
Then for some reason she started growing shy around me. It was obvious she started feeling the same way. I had rather a lot of mixed feelings about that. I was happy of course, she was really cute with her blushing. At the same time she had a distance from me...

****
Suddenly the door opened, snapping me out of my memories. A head popped out and it turned out to be Emma. "Yo! Is she asleep?" she whispered. I nodded. She came in and saw our position and chuckled. Honestly she is as weird as Jessica. I guessed best friends really are alike. Sigh. I pray for Max.

"Thank you Alex," she said smiling. I tilted my head in confusion. "You were a great help in the quest and you protected my best friend. Though I know you did it on your own accord, I still appreciate it. She is a very important person to me." Her eyes were adorned with love , when looking at Jessica.

I smiled looking down. I wasn't sure I liked being thanked, it made it feel like I was not my duty too but all the same it was nice her sincere thanks which probably meant nothing more.

"Oh yes, I just wanted to say," she started. I looked at her. "Though you are her boyfriend, I still need to get this straight, I just wanna say, if you dare make her cry, even single drop of tear , I will kill you," she smiled sweetly. "I might look and be nice but if someone hurts the people I love, you can say , I won't be "nice" anymore."

With that she left the room leaving me stunned. For a second I got chills down my back. I sighed. Honestly, she is very scary. Would not recommend to piss her off. And that's coming from a child of the war god. I really do pity you, Max.

Hey guys!
I'm alive, not dead, sadly. I'm not even gonna say why I'm so ...late for the update💀. Well hoped you like it! Well this was the surprise POV I was talking about in the previous chapter. Hope you liked it and the next chapter might come sooner, I think. Lol. Love you guys! And take care. Corona is not done yet. And a new variant omicron has started. So be safe. Put on your masks when going out.
Pls vote and share. Thank you.
Peace out,
Summereclipse.