I'm trying to survive here

Privet Drive - Harry Potter (5 years)

Another July had passed and it wasn't like Harry was expecting a birthday cake either, all he wanted was a hug and to be told that everything was going to be alright. That morning he was starting his first day of school and he hoped he could do his best to please his aunt and uncle.

" Potter , I hope you will be thankful we sent you to a school so you can learn some information in that bird brain of yours "

" Yes sir , thank you very much "

Vernon just grunted as he gave Harry a signal to come to the school door with Petunia .

" Aunt , do you think I can have friends ?"

" Harry you know I do , you are a very sweet and clever boy " the woman whispered to him , as she received some papers given to her by her teacher at the entrance .

" Mrs. Petunia , this must be your nephew , isn't it."

" Yes miss ...?"

" Milly , I will be Harry's teacher this year."

"It's nice to meet you.

"I hope you have already been told about the nurse's checkup for new students.

" Not really and I don't think I have much time , as we are leaving this instant on a trip with my husband to Ireland to urgently visit his parents . However, I can sign a permission slip for you.

"That would be fine, however if I am not misinformed I will give the results to Mrs. Figg. I was told by Duddley's teacher that she would be coming to pick them up today."

"Yes, you can tell her.

"Ok Mrs. Dursley, have a nice day.

"Goodbye Aunt Petunia.

________________________________________

" Goodbye Harry " said petunia as she was pulled in disgust towards Vernon's carriage.

" Harry , take one more deep breath " said the jovial looking smiling nurse to the boy. However she tried to hide the disgust of what she was hearing through her examination.

" Something is wrong with me?"

" Well Harry , you see ... I don't quite like the way your lungs sound . Have they ever told you at the doctor that you have asthma or bronchitis ?"

"Not that I know of , miss . In fact ..." Harry took her little hands and waved them nervously in his lap .

" Tell me little one , you know you can trust me ."

" I've never been to the doctor "

"Harry, you must have had to go sometime ."

"I don't think so, miss."

"It's all right little boy, I'm going to suggest to your guardian to take you to the doctor so you can get well and get better."

"So... the feeling of not being able to breathe isn't because I'm a freak?

"No Harry, who told you that horrible thing?"

"My...cousin and ...he's always telling me that."

"Oh no Harry. You are going to be so fine , believe me . You just need to go to the doctor to get checked out and get something for it, okay? If you feel bad and have a bad cough , can't breathe or anything , you can always come and visit me , ok?"

" Yes nursie , Rosie "

" Thank you "

" Now a natural sweet , for a special child . For now you will be fine . But I will give the report to Mrs. figg , so she can give it to your aunt "

" Goodbye Miss Rosie "

" Goodbye Harry "

"Are you sure of what you are telling me?"

" Yes Miss Figg . I would recommend a visit to his pediatrician as soon as possible , frommy point of view this is not the first time Harry has had trouble breathing and it could be undiagnosed asthma that we are dealing with him "

"I will pass on your message to his aunt.

"Thank you for everything.

"Take good care of Harry".