05. 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐚𝐜𝐲

( 💒🦇🕷🚬🎀 )

( 💒🦇🕷🚬🎀 )

⋆ ∘ ✰———   something was off about today

⋆ ∘ ✰———   something was off about today. it was suspiciously quiet. normally, in a house with y/n, you would at least expect a bit of noise but nothing, hange's breath sounded like a roar.

hange looked at his cracked screen to see that it was three in the afternoon and y/n has yet to come to his room and bother him like she usually does. she's probably out with her friends, he thought to himself. he got up out if his bed to clear his suspicions.

hange walked up to y/n's door to hear soft sniffles coming from inside the room. hange felt a small panic rush through his body as he brought his fist up to lightly knock on her door.

"val, you ok in there?" he curiously asked. stupid, he would say to describe this moment. of course she's not okay, why the fuck would you ask that, he mentally cursed at himself.

hange was about to open the door until it open and he was greeted with y/n's tear stained face. he slowly walked in her room before pulling her into a soft hug. all she could do was sniffle and cradle herself in his arms.

they both walked to y/n's bed where the sat face to face with each other. y/n had her head down while wiping the small tears that fell from her eyes.

"you wanna talk about it?" hange carefully asked her. one thing about him was, he never forced anyone to open up about their emotions— especially since he hated doing it himself.

"yea just give me a second." she said as she sniffled a few more times. she took lots a breaths in and out before wiping her eyes with the sleeves of the jacket she was wearing.

"so basically i liked this girl and she likes someone else which i'm happy about but, she always says she loves me and every time she comes over we do. . . things. i talked to her about it and she brushed it off as nothing. then she just posted her 'girlfriend' on her story saying they've been together for a year but we've been seeing each other for a few months now." y/n let out. she felt guilty but she had a feeling that she wasn't in the wrong for feeling some type of way.

hange felt his heart drop at the mention of her liking someone else. he hasn't known her long but he already felt himself getting possessive over her. she didn't need anyone else, she didn't need to like anyone else, she just needed him.

"am i in the wrong for feeling iffy?" she asked hange while looking at him. those fucking eyes, he cursed himself. her eyes had a desperate gleam to them, he couldn't say she was wrong because in actuality she isn't, at least to him she wasn't.

"i think you have every right to feel that way. but hey, if she's treating you like a second option, maybe it's time for you to move on and do the same." he said while shrugging. y/n wiped her face once more before nodded at his words, taking everything into strong consideration.

"thank you so much roomie, i'm so lucky to have you!" y/n expressed as she jumped on hange's lap to kiss his cheek. hange was sure that he never felt this flustered in his life, girls never got to him like that.

hange looked up at the bubbly girl to see her smiling as if nothing happened, weird. y/n engulfed hange into a warm hug to show a token of her appreciation. his hands traveled up and down her back, being mindful not to go down too low.

"oh my god we should play twenty questions so we can get to know each other!" she spoke excitedly. hange wasn't apposed to the idea so he let her ask what she wanted.

"okay, how old are you?" she asked curiously. y/n never had the slightest clue what his age was, her guess was between nineteen and twenty five.

"twenty two." he answered. i was close, she thought to herself. now it was hange's turn to ask y/n a question.

"celebrity crush?" he asked her. y/n put on a thinking face and tried to think of all the celebrities she liked and then pick just one.

"ph-1." she spoke confidently. hange looked at her with his eyebrow raised in confusion, y/n got the hint and proceeded to tell him who that was.

"he's a korean rapper." she told the confused boy. he. nodded at her as they both continued to play an interesting game of twenty questions.

all sorts of questions were asked and by the end of it they weren't playing twenty questions anymore they were just getting to know each other. they both shared embarrassing stories, weird talents, and even childhood. hange didn't want to into too much detail about his past being that he had just met her, plus he didn't really expect her to understand half of the things he would say.

y/n on the other hand had a dream life. she had two loving parents, a shit load of money, and whatever she wanted she got, she was spoiled. the only downside of it was that she was incredibly lonely so any opportunity she had to make friends she took it, even if they were using her.

y/n was an only child and she didn't really have much family; no cousins, old aunts, and creepy uncles. she expressed how she felt alone growing up and her parents were always out doing work related things. she also said how her loneliness was often ignored by everyone. every time she told someone that she was alone or she felt lonely people took that as an opportunity to try to take advantage or just call her ungrateful and that she needs to be more appreciative.

for a while, y/n actually did think like that and pushed her feelings aside but it hurt her worse by faking it, she hated not being able to express her feelings but eventually she got used to it and made it a habit not to say anything about her feelings. hange was truly the only person who actually listened to her and made her feel like her voice was heard instead of silenced, that was a feeling that she'd cherish.

"hey roomie. ." y/n trailed off. hange turned to look at her so she can finish her sentence.

"um ymir is coming tomorrow with her girlfriend and i wanted to give you a heads up." she said rather quietly. hange could tell the whole ymir situation was still bothering her but she was an adult he couldn't tell her what to do and what not to do, she'd had to figure it out on her own.

"you want me to be your emotional support while they're here?" he asked half jokingly. y/n looked at his relaxed posture and wrapped her arms around his torso.

"yes please." she said with her face in his chest. he chuckled at her cute response and hugged her back, tracing circles down her spine.

"anything for you, princess."