chapter six.

Everyone was walking to the great hall excited to see who the three champions would be.

Y/N felt someone pull her back slightly by the arm. She turned around to see none other than the Mattheo Riddle. Again.

"What was that between you and Diggory?" Mattheo asked a bit angry.

"What? He smiled at me. Is it a crime for Cedric to smile at me?" Y/N asked wanting to see why Mattheo was jealous. They have barely even talked.

"No it's not a crime, you know what I meant Lupin." Mattheo said turning red.

"Do I? Cause it seems to me that your jealous Riddle." Y/N said with a smirk.

"Jealous? Aw come on that's pathetic. I would never be jealous."

"Well it sure seems that you are." Y/N whispered in his ear and caught up with her friends.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Sit down please. And now the moment you've all been waiting for, the champions selection!" Everyone then sat with their houses.

Dumbledore began walking to the goblet, the blue flames are now turning red. Soon a piece of paper shoots out of the goblet.

"The Durmstrang champion is.. Viktor Krum!" Everyone cheered, a specific redhead more than others. Krum began walking to the front of the great hall into a room.

Dumbledore did the same thing with the goblet for the second time, but this time a more elegant looking paper flew out.

"The champion from Beauxbatons... Fleur Delacour!" Everyone cheered and Fleur did the same as Krum.

For the third time Dumbledore walked up to the goblet.

"The Hogwarts champion... Cedric Diggory." Everyone cheered once more and Cedric followed as the others.

"Excellent! we now have our three champions! But in the end only one will go down
in history. Only one will hoist this chalice of champions, this vessel of victory the tri-wizard cup!"

Just then Y/N noticed something happening to the goblet because the flames started to go red again. Everyone else seemed to notice because the great hall went silent.

A new paper flew out of the goblet. Everyone on the edge of their seat waited for Dumbledore to say something.

"Harry Potter." The whole Great Hall turned their heads to Harry.

"HARRY POTTER?!" Dumbledore yelled this time.

"Go on Harry!" Y/N shoved him up and Harry walked to the front asd the other champions. This time nobody cheered and gave him a look of disgust and hatred.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"How could he have done it?! And he didn't tell me?!" Ron said as the three were walking back to the common room.

"I don't think he did it, I mean you guys saw the look on his face. He was absolutely terrified." Y/N said not believing Harry put his name in the goblet.

"Wait are you saying you believe him? That he didn't put his name in?" Ron said looking angry at Y/N.

"Ron he is our best friend. Of course I believe him! I bet you Mione agrees with me as well." Hermione said quite.

"Right Mione?" Again she didn't speak looking between the two.

"I can't believe I am saying this but, I'm with Ron on this one. I mean there is no other logical answer." Hermione said walking away with Ron leaving Y/N stranded.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Y/N didn't feel like going back to the common room since almost everyone hates Harry right now. Y/N just let her legs carry her anywhere.

She found herself in the astronomy tower. Which in her surprise she also saw Mattheo looking deep in thought.

"What are you doing here?" Y/N asked. Mattheo jumped slightly and turned around.

"Are you mental? You can't just sneak up on someone like that." Mattheo said.

"Sorry geez. What has your wand in a twist?" Y/N said sarcastically.

"How did Harry put his name in the Goblet?" Mattheo asked suddenly.

"What? He didn't put his name in the goblet."

"Really Y/N, how dense are you?" Mattheo said looking at her.

"I'm not dense at all. I mean there are people out to get Harry all the time. What makes this any different? Someone could have put his name in the goblet without him knowing, just to get him killed." Y/N ranted.

"Well I guess that's a point but we don't know that for sure."

"Did you just agree with me Riddle?"

"What? No I said I guess you have a point." Mattheo said.

"Well you didn't say you didn't agree with my "point"."

"Touche." Mattheo said. It was quite after that but not an awkward quite, more of a comfortable silence.

"You never answered my question as to why you are up here." Y/N said breaking the silence.

"I come up here to think, the slytherin common room can be so loud."

"Really? I thought you guys just sit in there plotting how to ruin Harry's life." Y/N said jokingly.

"No that's all Draco." Mattheo answered but he seemed serious.

"Wait actually? It's like Draco is in love with Harry if he spends that much time thinking about him." Y/N said with small laugh.

"That's what I was thinking as well." They both looked at each other and bursted out laughing. Y/N hasn't ever heard Mattheo actually laugh. This would be the first, and Y/N hoped it wasn't the last.

"Maybe your not so bad Riddle."

"Maybe your not so bad Lupin."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------