chapter nineteen.

Y/n and Hermione were getting ready in the girls dormitory. It was finally the day of the yule ball and Y/n couldn't breath. 

"I can't believe you are going to the yule ball with Theodore Nott. You know I heard he's flirted with many girls Y/n." Hermione says with a gross expression. 

"Well I'd rather that than go alone." 

"You could have gone with me!" Hermione exclaimed. 

"Mione you are going with Victor! Other wise I would have." Hermione only hummed in response and went to put on her dress as well as Y/n. 

"Tell me when you are done so we can see each other at the same time!" Hermione yelled at Y/n. 

"Well I'm done!" Then Hermione proceed to count to three and the two girls showed themselves. 

Hermione was wearing a very beautiful periwinkle dress while Y/n was wearing a beautiful light blue dress. 

"Wow Hermione.... You look beautiful." 

"Me?! Look at you Y/n. You look absolutely.... All of the above!!" Hermione shouted. 

"Alright Hermione lets not tell the whole castle." Y/n said laughing. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Both girls were now standing by the stairs to the great hall, too afraid to go. 

"Come on Hermione. We have to go in one way or another." 

The two began walking down and watched as Harry and Parvati looked at the two in awe. Victor came and grabbed Hermione's hand and kissed the back of it. 

Y/n gagged while Hermione's smiled at her looking excited for the night. 

Y/n didn't see Theodore so just walked into the Great Hall expecting to find him later. She did although find her red headed friend and chose to stand by him. 

All the champions began walking in with their dates. "Is that Hermione Granger? With Victor Krum?" Padma asked Ron. 

Y/n looked at Ron and saw he went pale in the face. "No. Absolutely not." Y/n rolled her eyes at the boy and felt a tap on her shoulder. 

She turned around to see Theodore looking her up and down. 

"Wow Lupin you look...." Theo began.

"Overdressed." Y/n stated not really wanting to wear a dress. 

"Beautiful." Theo finished and held out his hand. "Would you like to dance?" He said with a slight bow and smirk. 

Y/n didn't respond but put her hand in his and let Theo lead the way to the middle of the room. 

More and more people soon started joining. Theo put his hands on Y/n's waist pulling her closer to him allowing her to put her hands around his neck. The two didn't speak but just simply swayed to the music. 

The rest of the night was running smoothly. The two were dancing and Y/n didn't want to admit it, but she was having a good time with Theodore Nott. 

"Want to go somewhere else?" Theo asked Y/n. She nodded her head and followed him. What the pair didn't know is someone was following them out of the great hall. 

Theodore took Y/n outside to a balcony over viewing Hogwarts. "It's quite beautiful at night." Y/n said admiring the view. 

"Yea it is." Theo said not looking at the view. When Y/n turned to look at Theo he was looking at her already. 

"You know, you really do look stunning tonight." Theo said leaning in a bit. Y/n didn't know what to do or what to think as Theo kept leaning in closer. 

"Theo-" Y/n began but was cut off but Mattheo pushing Theo back. 

"What the hell are you doing?!" Mattheo yelled at Theo. 

"Bloody hell Riddle are you following me!?" Y/n shouted at Mattheo. 

"What were you two doing?!" He asked. 

"Why is it any of your business?" Theo said smirking towards Mattheo. 

"You know why it's my business smart ass." 

"What the hell are you two talking about?" Y/n questioned not understanding. 

"You see Mattheo here-" Theo began but was cut off by Mattheo punching him square in the jaw and grabbing Y/n by the wrist leaving Theo. 

"Mattheo let go of me! What are you doing!?" Y/n yelled trying to get out of his grip. 

"Why do you keep doing this to me?!" Mattheo yelled at Y/n letting go finally.

"Do what?! I am not your property! Just because we went on one date doesn't mean we are infatuated with each other!" Y/n yelled just as loud. 

"And what if I was? What if I was infatuated with you Y/n?!" Y/n stayed quite unsure of what she was hearing. 

Although Mattheo knew he had to make a move quick for this bet, what he said wasn't a lie. 

"I don't believe you." Y/n said calmly.

"Why because I'm the dark lord's son? Is that it?" Mattheo questioned.

"No what-" She began but was cut off but Matthoe slightly pushing he against the wall. 

"I am not my father!" Mattheo screamed in Y/n's face. Y/n shoved him out of her face. 

"Of course you aren't! But Merlin Mattheo, you have a hell of a way at expressing your feelings." Y/n said and walked away. 

Y/n walked and walked until she saw Hermione crying on the stairs taking off her shoes. 

"Y/n sat beside her best friend and held her while she cried. 

"Boys spoil everything." she said crying still. 

"They truly do." Y/n said petting Hermione's head as she cried in her lap. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------