chapter seven.

"We should probably get back, I don't feel up to running into Snape." Y/N said. 

"Fun fact, The Severus Snape is scared of me." Mattheo said with his nose in the air. 

"What?" Y/N said laughing a bit. "What do you mean he is scared of you?"

"I mean he is scared of what my father might do to him if he does anything to me."  

"Do you miss him?" Y/N asked. 

"Who my father?" Y/N nodded. "No. I hope he never comes back." He mumbled the last part. 

"You really shouldn't ask these sort of questions you already know the answer to." 

The silence was deafening. Y/N felt bad for asking since it seemed to be getting personal. Who actually would want him as a father?  

'I just wonder how it may feel for him.'  Y/N thought. 

"It's getting late and we have classes tomorrow so I think I'll be heading to bed." Y/N said walking away. Suddenly she felt a hand on her forearm. 

Electricity is what it felt like. A burst of butterflies emerged from her stomach flying all around. 

"Thank you, for keeping me company I guess." Mattheo said letting go. Y/N could still feel his hand upon her arm. Longing for that touch again but reminding herself who he was. 

"Yeah of course I'll see you tomorrow." 

Walking back to the common room felt like a fever dream. She was confused. Why is this happening? She didn't want this to happen. Mattheo Riddle has always been rude and selfish. What makes this year any different?

Y/N was so deep into thought she didn't even notice Snape at the end of the hallway until she bumped into him.

"Little late to be out of bed, isn't it Lupin." Snape said in his dark, cold voice. 

"Yes it seems to be professor so if you don't mind I will be heading back." Snape looked taken aback by the tone Y/N was using. As Y/N began walking away she heard him say. 

"That attitude will make you end up just like your father." Y/N stopped. Remus and Sirius never talked about Y/N's biological parents. 

"What did you say?" Y/N asked wanting to know more. 

"None of your concern Lupin, now get to bed." He said more stern. 

"No I heard you say something about my fath-" Y/N was interrupted by Snape. 

"Five points from Gryffindor! For making false accusations. Get. To. Bed." He said once more. 

Y/N turned around and with a scoff and began walking to the Gryffindor common room. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?!" Y/N heard as she walked into the common room. 

She jumped a little, she looked to see Harry sitting on the couch looking anxious. 

"I don't need to explain anything to you dad." Y/N said rolling her eyes and sitting next to Harry.

"Why are you up so late?" Y/N questioned. 

"Just thinking." Harry hesitated. "You believe me right?" Y/N looked at Harry. 

"Of course I believe you, I know you wouldn't want this for yourself." Harry looked at Y/N with thankfulness. The fire started making these weird popping noise. She soon saw her father's face in the fire. 

"Dad?! What are you doing?!"Y/N said wide eyed. 

"Harry! I thought I told you to come alone!" Sirius said. 

"I did but Y/N just showed up." Harry said. Sirius looked confused. 

"Showed up from what? Where were you? Where you with a bo-"

"Dad! Just explain why you are here!" 

"Did you or did you not put your name in the goblet of fire?" Sirius asked quickly. 

"No!" Harry yelled. "SHH!" Both Sirius and Y/N said. 

"I had to ask. Now, tell me about this dream of yours. You mentioned Wormtail and Voldemort, but who was the third man in the room?"

" I dunno." Harry answered truthfully. Y/N was confused to say the least. 

"You didn't hear a name?" Sirius pushed. 

"No. Umm Voldemort was giving him a job to do. Something important." 

"What was that?" Y/N's neck started to hurt from turning back and forth. 

"He wanted... me. I dunno why, but he was gonna use this man to get to me. I mean it was only a dream right?" Harry looked concerned. As did Y/N.

"Yes. It's just a dream. Look Harry, the deatheaters at the world cup, your name rising from that goblet these are not just coincidences. Hogwarts isn't safe any more." 

Y/N couldn't hear the rest of their conversation because she was to busy thinking of what Snape had said. She wanted to ask her father about it but was nervous, what if she found out something that could ruin her life?

"Y/N? Are you alright dear?" She snapped her head up to see her father giving her a concerned look. 

"No. I have to ask you something." Sirius nodded his head telling her to go on. 

"I heard Snape say something about my father. He said "That attitude will make you end up just like your father." What does he know about my father that you and Remus aren't telling me." Y/N asked. 

Sirius's expression was shocked. Remus and Sirius didn't want to tell Y/N about her family till she was a bit older, but things seemed to be unraveling quickly. 

"Ugh, I could kill Snivellus if I had the chance. Look Y/N I can't-" Sirius started. 

"Someone's coming!" Harry whispered shouted. 

"Y/N we will talk about this later and keep your friends close Harry." Sirius said as he disappeared. 

"Wait dad-" Y/N felt disappointed she didn't get the answer she was hoping for.  

"Who are you talking to?" Y/N heard Ron say.

"Who does it look like?" Harry said pointing at Y/N.

"I heard a man's voice." Ron said looking around.

"Maybe you're imagining things, wouldn't be the first time." 

"You're probably just practicing for your next interview I expect." Ron said walking away.

"Y/N I am disappointed you believe this lair." Ron said still walking.

"And I am disappointed you don't believe your best friend." She shot back. 

Ron stopped, it looked like he was thinking. Yet he ended up walking up the stairs without another word.