chapter eleven.

"Mattheo let go of me! What is the meaning of thi-" Y/n stops short when she sees what's in front of her. 

Y/n sees that they are now surrounded by trees and under a big tree there is a blanket with a picnic basket on the ground. 

"See I realized our date to Hogsmeade wouldn't happen seeings as the wizarding tournament was now taking that place so I had to come up with something for our date." Mattheo said scratching his neck. 

Y/n was still looking forward because she couldn't help the blush that appeared on her cheeks. No one has ever done this for her. Heck no one has even asked her on a date. 

That blush quickly faded as she realized who she was dealing with, Mattheo Riddle. Nothing good comes from Riddles. 

"Why are you doing this?" Y/n said not turning to look at Mattheo. 

"What? I asked you on a date a while ago." Mattheo says confused. 

"Yes I am aware but why? Why now are you suddenly interested in me?" Y/n questioned. 

"Who said it was suddenly?" Mattheo said taking steps toward Y/n.

Y/n could hear the leaves crunching behind her becoming closer and closer, until she felt a hand on her shoulder forcing her to turn around. 

Only then did Y/n realize how close Mattheo really was to her. Y/n pushed him back a little.

"I still don't understand. You seem to be pushing this date thing a little too much for my liking." 

"Come on Y/n, what am I going to do? Kill yo-" Mattheo was cut off. 

"Yes for all I know you could. I mean you dragged me into the forest away from everyone and I don't even know what could be in the picnic basket. Let me guess, is it your wand?" Y/n said walking towards the picnic basket and opening it. 

Inside was nothing close to his wand. It was two peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, strawberries, cheese, and crackers. 

"Yes because I would kill you with food Lupin." Mattheo said from behind her. 

Y/n turned red from embarrassment and guilt. 

"I'm sorr-" Y/n began.

"Uh no, I'll only accept your apology if you sit down and enjoy our date." Mattheo said with a smirk and rocking back and forth on his heels. 

"Ugh fine." Y/n said giving in and sitting down, Mattheo following and sitting beside her. 

"You know you are really beauti-" Mattheo started while reaching in the picnic basket but was cut off by Y/n. 

"Oh my just shut up already." Y/n said not wanting to hear the rest of that sentence from Mattheo. 

"Merlin you are rude, you are breaking my heart." Mattheo said handing Y/n a sandwich. 

"Never." Y/n said taking the sandwich. 

"Wow that's so sweet, you would never break my heart." Mattheo said taking a bit into his sandwich. 

"I meant I'd never be rude, I honestly don't care if I break your heart." Mattheo felt a small pang in his heart but ignored it. 

"I'm at a loss for words." Mattheo said with his hand covering his heart pretending to be hurt. 

"My goal has been achieved today seeing as I have left Mattheo Riddle at loss for words." Y/n said while take a bit of her sandwich. 

Mattheo laughed at Y/n's words.

"Yeah you do pretty often." Mattheo said looking at Y/n.

"Of course I do." Y/n said also turning to look at Mattheo with a smirk on her lips.

"It would be hard for someone gorgeous as you not to." Mattheo said looking at her with a admiring glaze. 

"Bloody hell you are cheesy." Y/n said looking away in fake disgust but really to hide her blush. 

"Wow I'm hurt." Mattheo said still looking at her. 

"Wounded even?" Y/n said back. 

"You could say that." Mattheo said looking away. 

"And I try my best to be cheesy if that means I get to see you blush." Mattheo said taking Y/n aback now knowing that Mattheo saw her blushing at his statement. 

Y/n then made fake gagging noises towards Mattheo.

"Hey watch what you are doing people might get the wrong idea with you gagging close to my-" Mattheo stopped because Y/n had shoved a strawberry in his mouth.  

"You are honestly disgusting." Y/n said turning around with her arms crossed and back towards Mattheo.

"I'm blushing, you are too kind." Mattheo said still chewing on the strawberry.  

"Oh shove it." Y/n said turning around again. 

"On a real note I feel like I don't know much about you." Mattheo said trying to start a real conversation and not just them bickering. 

"And what is it would you like to know about me?" Y/n questioned.

"Anything. Everything." Mattheo said.

"Why is that?" Y/n said turning to face Mattheo to see him already looking at her.

"Because, I can read everyone at this school like a book, but you, I just can't seem to know anything that goes on in your mind." Although Mattheo was trying to make Y/n catch feelings for him, this was the truth. 

"You don't want to know." Y/n mumbled. 

"What was that?" Mattheo said.

"I said there isn't much you know." Y/n said back.

"Isn't much what?" 

"Stuff going on in my head."Y/n said trying not to expose herself to much.

"Okay well what sparks your interest?" Mattheo asked. 

"Honestly I am just a determined person, once my mind is on something I do it. With no hesitation. " Y/n replied. 

"Interesting." Mattheo said with an impressed look on his face. 

"And what sparks your interest?" Y/n questions. 

"I don't really have any interests." Mattheo said now looking down. 

"What do you mean?" 

"Well I've lived with the Malfoys my whole life, and they treat me like some sort of prince because of my father of course so I'm not really 'allowed' to have any interest." 

Y/n stayed quite, unsure of how to respond. 

"Although you have sure sparked my interest." Mattheo said trying to change the subject.

"Alright that's it." Y/n said standing up and dusting herself off.

"W-What? Where are you going?" Mattheo asks as Y/n walks away.

"That was my last straw and plus the first task is about to start. I can't miss it." Y/n says walking away faster. 

"Whatever Lupin! But that means you never finished our date! Which means I'm going to keep bothering you for a second one!" Mattheo yelled at Y/n as she gets further from him. 

"Whatever you say!" Y/n yelled back.