Chapter 2

„Why...? Why would you do that...?"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wake up in a cold sweat. Was it all just a dream? I think to myself, but once my eyes managed to adjust to the darkness I realized how wrong I am. I lay awake in a room. Not the cell, but a room. Not just any room however, it seems to be some kind of guest room I would assume. The bed, it's soft, comfy and certainly not cheap. How did I get here? It seems waking up in places is going to become a new habit of mine... I look around the room. I don't see much because of how dark it is. Is it still night? No... that's not it. If I was sleeping, I doubt I could sleep past the whole daytime. No, the issue at hand is... this room has no windows. Why doe-... right. Vampires. This means I am still in the mansion, not surprised there. But... Why am I still alive, no less in a guest room from the looks of it?

My nose... I-It's not broken?! I touch my nose, it stings a bit, that's all. „I-Impossible..." I mutter to myself. How come? I don't think a broken nose can heal overnight. Or did I truly sleep for several days? No. That can't be. If that were the case my muscles would have hurt because I haven't done any movement for a longer period of time, resulting in them becoming stiff. That's how it works, I think...

Let me recall the events which unfolded before. I woke up in a cell, met a man which I remember under ,,K,, who later died. While he was alive, we escaped the dungeons and walked around the main halls before getting ambushed by Remilia. I tried to punch the vampire only to get punched back by the force of a truck. Yup, that's about it.

I feel my throat hurt, it's dry. I spot a glass of water on a table. I guess it was prepared for me once I wake up. I certainly don't complain. At the moment, I would kill for a single gulp of water to pour down my dry throat. I walk over to it and grab a hold of the glass containing the sweet, refreshing, cold water which will solve my current problems... At least, one of them. I gulp it down fast at first, but slow down at the end to make sure it goes properly down my throat so it doesn't hurt anymore.

„Ahhh... Just what I needed." I say, content for the moment. I snap out of the comforting moment of having a nice cold drink on a sunny hot day and head back to either lay or sit down on the bed once again.

Now, the question still remains. Why am I not dead yet? Has Remilia shown mercy to me? Unlikely. Otherwise she wouldn't have punched me that hard. I think. There is a reason why I am in a room and almost fully healed. Almost fully healed, since the mental damage I suffered won't likely ever fully heal... But what IS the reason? I can waste my time, laying or sitting on this bed. Going through multiple possibilities on what the reason may be... or I could stand up. Walk out of this room and get the answer myself. ... I think I prefer staying here to be honest... No, I have to move forwards. Sitting here is like giving up. I ain't giving up just yet.

I stand up and make my way towards the only exit, the door. I place my hand on the handle and press d- !!! *click* Someone else is on the other side! Someone else just opened the door as I was about to! Who could it possibly b- !!! ... ... ... Before me, stands no other but... Sakuya, the headmaid.

„Oh, it seems you have awoken. "

She spoke, as I simply stare at her. Unsure on what to do. Her voice seems refined and emotionless, as if she already saw the end of the world. I highly doubt that's the case but you never know.

„It was about time. The Mistress was starting to get impatient." Excuse me? So, it's my fault I got punched to oblivion? Okay, I see how it is. „We will wait until the Mistress awakes, until then I shall answer questions of yours, for I assume you have a lot to ask. I will warn you however, that I will not answer all questions, as requested by the Mistress." She firmly states. I think by ,,Mistress,, she means Remilia. I naturally want answers, so I start to ask the questions which intrigue me the most at the moment. „How long was I asleep?" I ask, thinking that's a good first question to start things off. „You were asleep for 3 days." 3 days!? Huh, I guess it could have been worse. That punch surely did a fine number on me. The next time I meet Remilia, I'll make sure to apologize for the attack. I don't ever want her to strike me again. Never again. The thought of it still hurts me. Brrrr...It makes me shiver. „How come my nose is already healed? I don't think a broken nose heals over 3 days' time." I ask her, genuinely anticipating what the answer to that will be. „I took care of you while you were unconscious, that includes your wounds, as per the Mistress wish." Huh? So she made sure I didn't bleed out and die? Wow. I would be grateful but I can tell she only did it because it was an order from her Mistress, Remilia. I should thank her regardless, after all it was still nice being alive. „Uhh..Thanks, for making sure I didn't die." I guess? Never was good with thanking people. „You do not need to thank me. It is the Mistress you should thank. It was her after all, who wanted you alive." It was also her after all, who nearly punched me to death. Yes, I did strike first. Twice even. But if you want someone genuinely alive... You don't punch with such force! ... Unless... She decided she wanted me alive AFTER the punch... why would she suddenly change her mind thought? I can't remember much of what she said after the punch. Only that she was ,,Impressed,,. The rest is all a blur...