Chapter 5

-The Next Day- (Day 2 since the disappearance of 12 from SDM)

-12's POV-

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

„HOW COULD YOU!?"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wake up. I can barely think. The pain. My whole body hurts. My blood feels like its boiling. My eye vision is messed up and I can't hear nothing but screams...screams which I do not recognize... I feel like I have been paralyzed, because I try to move but, alas, to no success. My body doesn't follow my orders. It's in too much pain to care...

...

...

...

And stop.

Everything stopped. I can move again and the pain is not around anymore.

Just what the hell was that? I feel like each time I wake up its getting worse and worse... This simply can't be because of some broken bones, no... This has to be something worse... but what?

I sit up. I clutch my head... I feel dizzy as hell...

I feel like the Sahara dessert. My throat is dry and my stomach is rumbling, begging for any kind of food. What did I plan to do yesterday night?

Oh, right! I remember now!

Okay, first destination. The grill site and the lake.

I slowly crawl out of the hole, too exhausted to move. Hell, I went to sleep and feel more tired waking up now than falling asleep last night... Crying about it won't help me. Nothing will help me. ...It certainly won't if I keep thinking this way...

Out of the hole, I can tell the sun has been up and going for a good few hours now. Not the most ideal situation but oh well...

Finally, I manage to get up on my feet. Having to try and keep balance until the blackness fades from my eyes because of my sudden change of position. ...good to go, now.

I slowly walk over to the sticks and stones and rebuild the effigy to mark my hideout. I cover the hole with a pile of leaves, twigs, rocks... just to make sure nobody uninvited goes in.

„Ight, now that that's out of the way... I have to go retrieve my spear and get some water and fish from that lake again..." I quietly murmur to myself as I lightly pinch myself on the arm to wake up some more. Still kinda tired or exhausted.

And so I begin walking into the lake direction again.

As I am making my way there slowly but surely... I am getting this uneasy feeling...

It feels like I am forgetting something... But what? Yesterday... I went into the mountain direction encountered that fox girl... Momiji... something... It looked like she was guarding something. Was it the mountain itself? After all, she said that humans are not allowed to enter the... Youkai Mountain? Really? That's the name of that mountain? What is this, then... The Youkai Forest? Ha. Very creative these people who named the places are or were... Eh, not like I could have named them better. It's at the least more obvious on where you, as a human, should NOT go. ... ... Yet I still am here, because I am most likely suicidal. But going anywhere else at the moment seems even worse of a choice. So, I stick to this forest for now... and that lake.

Think of the devil, it seems like I have arrived at my first destination! The grill site! Now... where did I put...

!!!