Chapter 7

-The Next Day- (The Storm has cometh.)

-12's POV-

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

„W-What are you doing...?"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I snap out of the dream, unable to remember it the moment I come back to my senses.

I put a hand on my head. I feel like today is going to be a terrible day...

I have no idea why I feel like it. Maybe it's because I wasn't active during the night? Hell if I know. I know pretty much nothing anymore. All I know for sure is that I have to try and survive this cruel world... Maybe figure out why I feel like something big is going to happen today...

I calm down. I proceed to uncover the hole, yet another time once more like I always do at this point, and crawl out.

„Huh, guess I was right..."

I say, as I notice that above me, if I look past all the leaves from the trees, I can slightly see dark and mighty clouds above. The question at this point is not if it's going to rain, but when and how much. From the glance of it, it looks like a heavy storm is most certain to be around in a few hours.

I should try and find shelter while I still can.

The hole won't do it anymore. It simply is too simple, for me to put enough trust in it while I am in it during a storm. It could bury me alive at any given point in time.

A house is what I need. A sturdy, reliable, abandoned, house. Not sure if I am able to find an abandoned house though... Come to think of it... even if I did, who says other youkai, humans and what not don't get the same idea while their out in the wild and suddenly get hit by the storm and spot it in the distance? I guess I would simply have to deal with it...

Or you could just fight for it...

Oh.

Right, you're still around.

Well, where else should I be?

Listen, I don't want to argue for no real meaningful reason over again. Let's just stop this right here and now.

Whatever you say...

Alright. I suppose it's time for me to look around before the storm swoops in.

I begin walking. Since I don't think I'll ever come back here if I do find a house, I'll won't bother myself with setting up that effigy again. And if I don't find a house... well... I certainly would prefer to hide somewhere where the risk of things collapsing on top of me would be minimal.

True, an old abandoned house too, can collapse on you. But hey, the odds are likely smaller for that to happen then in a small hole which you can barely call a cave. So I've got nothing to lose here.

Honestly speaking, I feel fine right now. I kinda like this weather.

Why is that?

Don't get me wrong, it's just that it feels so intense yet, beautiful at the same time.

In what way?

In the way that, you know a storm is coming. A storm which you can only guess how strong it will be. You know that there is no way it won't start to rain, and yet you wish for it to never start. It feels like the end of the world is upon you as you look at the dark clouds in the sky and the eerie feeling overwhelming your mind. You feel afraid and yet curious about the outcome. Will the landscape remain the same? Will it recover? Or will it change and adapt?