A New Life

The doors of the bedchamber at Hua Gong Palace slowly opened with a light creak. It was already seven in the evening and Hua Qingling was fast asleep.

( From this chapter onwards, Qin Xiaoling will be referred to as Hua Qingling)

Sect leader Hua sat beside her and caressed her fatigued face. Hua Qingling's facial features were gentle and she looked like a beautiful maiden. With slight movements of her eyelashes,  her eyes slowly fluttered open.
The very first thing she saw this time was Sect Leader Hua's face. Sect leader Hua sat next to her in a graceful posture.

Hua Qingling had just woken up just to see an intruder next to her, and worst of all, was the fact that whatever she experienced wasn't a dream.

" .... "

Sect leader Hua replied with a smile, 

"Mn, It's me again."

Suddenly recalling everything that happened earlier in the morning,
Hua Qingling added,

" Sect leader Hua? ... Well  I, ... I am very confused? You said that I lost my memory and I am Hua Qingling, but which place is this Hua Gong palace situated in? And where did you find me? And...If you don't mind, why are we dressed like this? And ... you are a Sect leader? But a Sect? I mean ... well what is going on?"

With the same smiling face, Hua Qingxue continued, " Don’t worry, I came here to answer all your questions. You are my niece Hua Qingling and I am the Sect leader of Meimen Hua Sect, Hua Qingxue. The girl whom you met in the morning is your sworn sister Fu Qingyan. You both have been very close since childhood and your loss of memory was a great shock for her as well...

And about why you lost your memory ... , let's talk about it later... You don't have to stress yourself with all these things right after you wake up, we still have a lot of time to catch up."

" And the reason why I am here is, ... Here, take these pills, it will help you revive your spiritual powers. And yes, as you have forgotten everything,  Meimen Hua Sect is known for its medical skills and refinement of spiritual pills."

Saying this, she took Hua Qingling's hand and placed two shiny pills in the center of her palm. But on the other hand, the poor girl was at a loss of words and only kept staring at her.

Hua Qingxue, " Just take the pills and eat your dinner... I have placed it on the table. It's already past seven so you better eat fast to recover. I do understand you are still very much confused but ... instead of staring at me, you should take the pills for now."

She then slightly pinched Qingling's cheeks and left the room with the same smile on her face.

Hua Qingling,  'What happened just now? I - I have spiritual powers! Ridiculous...it's not a dream! I - ... did I get transmigrated somewhere? but that's impossible...

No wait!!  Have I died already or have I transmigrated into some novel?  Arghhh! All I can hope for now, is my situation not being the same as some of those damned system transmigration novels!!'

In agitation, she swallowed both the pills. They seemed to have a weird effect and she could feel the rush of warmth in her body.

Hua Qingling just slumped back down while giving in to her fate...'Well in case I have died once....I better try being alive after getting a second chance to live...'