Chapter 1- a pleasant surprise

Edd and Tom eagerly tried to remove the pieces of fabric that Matt tied around their heads but the knots wouldn't budge.
"Hey, uh, Matt?" Tom said "I could use a little help.."
"Me too, how tight did you tie these things?" Edd questioned as he continued to mess with the impossible knot.
"Oh yeah, I did do a special knot on them, I'll get those off for ya!" Matt said as he skillfully removed their blindfolds with one hand each
The second Tom and Edd laid their eyes on the magical sight, their jaws dropped in astonishment.
It was their old house. Standing humbly as if it was never blown up.
"HOLY..." Tom couldn't even come up with one of his signature catchphrases, he was too shocked so he just let out a squeal, which was very out of character for the usually grumpy Tom that only broke his character when he had a bottle of Smirnoff in his hand.
Edd was just as amazed, the expressions of pure joy combined with disbelief on their faces made Matt just as happy.
"It's our house! Exactly how it was before Tord came back!" Edd bubbled, tears of joy beginning to uncontrollably flow from his eyes. Tom began to cry as well, Matt joining in as they all formed into a big group hug. As they were all getting emotional together, Tom abruptly pushed out of the hug.
"Wait a minute, where's our stuff?" he asked. Edd realized this as well, his smile fading from his face and turning into a look of worry.
"Tom's right.. I never got my stuff from my apartment either." he realized. As the 2 were confused and worried, Matt's prideful expression stayed the same.
"Remember when I was 'cleaning' you guys' apartments and let you stay in mine that one time?" Matt brought up.
"Uh.. yeah? What does that have to do with anything?" Edd asked, raising an eyebrow.
"I was packing up your stuff, most of your things are in the trunk and the rest is coming in a moving van in about a week!" Matt assured them. The two were relieved and their expressions melted back into joy.
" 'nother question," Tom added. "How'd you pay to get it rebuilt?"
Matt was gonna cook up an excuse, he decided to just tell his friends the real story, they might be happy for him anyway.

~~~~~Flaaaaashbaaaaaack~~~~~~~
(Matt's pov, obv)
I walked up to the door of the building I was instructed to go to to sell all of Tord's fancy inventions from his lab that were left behind from the explosion. He didn't have time to go back and pick them up, so yours truly went back and took them for himself. As I admired the shiny laser guns and high-tech yet highly dangerous bombs in my apartment one day, I came up with an idea.
"These inventions are one of a kind, so what if I sold them and used the money to do something for Tom and Edd!" I thought. It was completely out of my self-obsessed persona to put others before myself, but not when the "others" are my friends! Plus, didn't have a use for the old things besides from admiring them. Why would I need to keep them?
Back to the building, it was a small part of a plaza with posters all over it reading things such as "SELL AND BUY GADGETS HERE!" "I BUY AND SELL GADGETS!" and stuff. I walked in with my bag filled with Tord's nicknacks and saw a thin-figured man with glasses and slick, short, brown hair. His shirt was a light reddish-pink color with a dark red tie to match and he was sitting in an office chair with his feet on the front desk, his shiny, black dress shoes practically in my face. There was posters similar to the ones outside all over the walls.

"NEIL BUYS GADGETS"
"COME SELL YOUR GADGETS"
I approached the man, I'm guessing Neil was his name since that was the name on the posters.
"Hey, you buy gadgets, right?" I asked, just to be sure. He looked up at me, lowering his legs from the desk and going into a professional position, feet on the ground and hands folded in front of him.
"Oh, yeah!" He said, pushing up his glasses and gesturing to the posters.
"Alright, just wanted to double check." I told him. "How much would you give for these?" I asked as I dumped the bag onto his desk. His eyes widened.
"O-oh my.." he said in shock, wiping his glasses to make sure he was seeing correctly. "I'll give all the money I have on me right now!" He exclaimed as he put 2 large bags on the desk. I looked in one of the bags and it was filled to the brim with nothing but hundred pound bills! He must've been rich!
I observed the money with joy and surprise.
"That'll be perfect!" I told him as I took the bags and marched out the door. "Thank you!"
"No problem!" Neil said. "Have a lovely da-"
"NEIL! WHERE THE HELL IS MY MONEY?"
"Um.. you see.."
"QUIT THE EXCUSES!"

~~~~Back to the present~~~~~~
"And then I used that money combined with personal savings to hire an architect and boom!" He boasted.
"Oh wow, you really explained that in detail, Matt." Edd commented. "Especially that last part."
"I know!" The ginger said with pride.
Tom smiled. "Boy, if only I could see the look on that Commie's face after finding out you sold his weapons to some random guy." He said.
"Anyways, how about we look around inside and unpack our stuff?"
"I'm down!" The purple and green-hoodied men cheered as they went to the car, got their stuff, and walked through the door.
They were just as shocked as they were when they saw the outside after walking in.
"Oh my god!" Tom beamed. "It's identical to the old house even on the inside!"
Edd looked around the room in amazement. "This IS identical, it's almost scary how perfect it is!"
"Well, all I had to do was show the architects some of our millions of pictures of the old house and they did their magic!" Matt bragged. "Amazing, I know!"
Though Matt's remarks were usually exaggerated, he was right this time.