Chapter 6: "There's nothing you can't do."

A/n: Woah woah woah, thank you so much for over 100 reads! I never thought I'd make it this far. I know most of my chapters are starting off with me being happy about how many reads this fanfic is getting but I'm genuinely grateful, thank you so much for your support! Also, sorry it's been quite a bit, though this chapter is a tad bit short compared to the others it took a long time for whatever reason and so will the next chapter most likely. Enjoy!

———————————————————

   Tom woke up from his nap, the room was pitch black. He panicked for a moment, not expecting to be welcomed by the dark but soon flicked on his lamp.
  "Oh, god. How long did I sleep?"
  He went on his phone to check the time, trying to remember what time it was when he went to sleep. It was currently 7:30 pm, he remembered going to sleep at around 10:30-11:00 am.
  "Great.. there goes my sleep schedule.."
  He went downstairs, hoping that his friends didn't already start getting ready for bed. Edd wasn't there, but Matt was sitting on the couch watching tv. He went up next to the couch, Matt noticing him and smiling.
  "Tom! It's good to see you!" He beamed. "Where were you all that time?" Matt's overly excited reaction to his arrival warmed his heart.
  "I was taking a nap and accidentally overslept." He admitted. "Where's Edd?"
  "Oh, he went upstairs early to get ready for bed." Matt said. Tom nodded in understanding.  There was a brief awkward silence between the two, the tension growing with every second that they stood in silence. Matt couldn't handle the silence and quick thought up something for them to do together. They only ever had time with just the two of them when it was Edd's turn to go grocery shopping so he really wanted to do something special.
  "Soo.. wanna watch a movie?" he suggested, desperate to do anything with Tom.
  "Sure." Tom replied, having a seat next to him. He put in a movie and sat back down.
  As the movie played and his shoulder was practically touching Matt's, he couldn't help but think,
"Would it really be a good idea to start a relationship with Matt?"
  The thoughts took him over. He was truly in love with Matt, there was no denying it, but starting a relationship might not be the best idea. They live in the same house, so if things ever were to get rocky or if he rejected him, there would be an awkward tension in the household forever. Plus, imagine how left out poor Edd would feel. He didn't even imagine how upsetting it would be for him if they were to get married and move out. Tord was never coming back, so the only thing he'd have is Ringo.
  The mental image of Edd alone and upset hurt his heart. He wanted him to be happy, but he loved Matt so much.
  "I'll do it, Edd didn't seem upset when I told him about wanting to go out with Matt. If anything he seems to be happy we're forming a relationship. Starting tomorrow, I'll put the plan into action."
  As he zoned out, he suddenly heard the movie credits alongside Matt's voice.
  "Haha! I loved that movie!" He laughed. "What do you think, Tom?"Tom couldn't believe he zoned out through an entire movie. He was hardly even able to pay attention to the plot.
  "Oh yeah, it was great." He said, forcing an awkward laugh.
  "Well, it's getting late. I'm gonna get ready for bed." Matt told him. Tom was confused at first, but then he remembered how late it was.
  "Alright, good night." He said.
  After Matt made his way upstairs, Tom decided to drink his last bottle of Smirnoff. He's been careful not to get drunk lately after what happened with Matt, but he didn't usually get drunk after only one bottle. He had a high alcohol tolerance so it usually took around 3-4 bottles to get him as drunk as he was a few nights ago, or any form of drunk.
  As he was drinking, he suddenly remembered. How was he gonna be awake at normal times after accidentally going to bed so early? That morning, or should I say night, he woke up only an hour or 2 before he usually gets ready for bed, though he usually stays awake in his room until around 12-1 am. He usually didn't quite care about his sleep schedule and just went to bed whenever he was tired, but it was important for tomorrow. He needed to make sure he was awake throughout all the time that Matt was. He had two options, he either had to force himself to go to bed and wake up at his usual time right now or stay up 24 hours. He slept through almost the whole day and he was able to function on a small amount of energy, so he chose the second option.
   After a few minutes of sitting in the same place he was while watching the movie with Matt, he was bored. He wasn't in the mood to watch tv or go on his phone, he couldn't play his bass because everyone else was asleep, and he just finished his last bottle of Smirnoff so there was nothing to do. His lack of entertainment ideas lead him to realize that he really doesn't have too many hobbies. His only major hobby was playing the bass and he wasn't able to do that at the moment.
  He decided to do what he always does when he has nothing better to do, lay down and get lost in his thoughts.
  He didn't know how he'd ever be able to hint at his feelings for Matt without seeming like he's drunk, being too obvious, or not being clear enough. He imagined multiple scenarios, but none of them seemed right. He decided to put the thoughts aside and just see what feels right when the time comes.

  Time skip because nothing eventful     happened during that time, just Tom being bored and trying to entertain himself.

   It was around 7:30 a.m, not long before Matt and Edd would most likely be waking up. He only had around a half hour until Matt would be waking up, only a half hour to prepare himself.  He decided to go in the bathroom and give himself a pep talk. He looked in the mirror, directly into his dark eyes.
  "You can do this, Tom. You've taken over Christmas, survived multiple zombie attacks, nearly died countless times, and took down your worst enemy with a harpoon. There's nothing you can't do." He whispered to himself. He repeated the line a few times until it really stuck with him.
  "There's nothing you can't do.. there's nothing you can't do.. there's nothing you can't do.."