Chapter 5: confused

TW: Bl00d descriptions, described wounds.

A/n: Wow.. this story really blew up! Just before last chapter was posted there was 56 reads and we're already at nearly 80! Thank you so much for all your support, it means a lot to me that people enjoy my writing, especially since I'm having so much fun writing this story. I hope you guys continue to read and enjoy this story, things are gonna start to get good!

  (Just to clear up a line coming up later this chapter and possibly in an upcoming chapter, I headcannon that Matt has heterochromia. I know this seems like random information but it'll make sense later on.)
——————————————————
  It was about 11:45 pm. for all Tom knew, everyone in the house was asleep, but he was laying awake thinking.
  "Am I really in love with Matt?" He questioned. He thought about it. Straight or not, most people could definitely admit that Matt is handsome. It's normal to notice his charming features. Even those who hated him couldn't deny that he is attractive. However, he saw Matt differently then he assumed other people did. He gave him a strong feeling of security and comfort and he wanted to be with him forever. is this how everyone else feels about him?
  Meanwhile, Matt woke up in the middle of the night, extremely thirsty. Since he wasn't able to go back to sleep, he went downstairs to get some water. He went down the stairs, entered the dark kitchen, and approached the sink when suddenly..
  CRASH
  He knocked over one of Tom's precious bottles of Smirnoff that he left on the counter, the glass shattering right on his hand into the sink. He yelped. Tom overheard this and rushed downstairs, turning on the kitchen light.
  "Oh god.. I'm so sorry, Tom!" He cried before Tom even got the chance to process what happened. The light in the kitchen lead him to realize that there was a lot more blood from the wound then he thought there would be, dripping onto the counter and even making it's way to the floor. Tom was shocked. He rushed over to Matt.
  "I'm sorry! I really am!" Matt continued to weep. Tom gave him a light hug, avoiding his injured limb.
  "It's ok, really." He assured him, letting go. He was a bit bitter about Matt shattering one of his bottles, it was one of his last ones and Smirnoff wasn't cheap, but he knew scolding him when he was already upset would be a bad idea. He hated seeing him sad as is. He lead him upstairs to the bathroom, linking fingers with his non-injured hand.
  "Here, I'll get you all fixed up." He said. Matt was too caught up in the moment to comprehend his words. He couldn't believe that Tom grabbed his hand, even if there was no romantic intention.
  "Tom.. is holding my hand.." he thought, too focused on the thought to have any idea of his surroundings at this point.
  "Ok, is that too tight?" He heard Tom ask. He looked down and saw his hand bandaged up, moving it a bit.
  "No.. it's alright.." he replied, still in a haze.
  "Okay, you can go back to bed, I'll go clean up the glass." Tom told him. Matt nodded in understanding and walked back to his bedroom.
  He sat on his bed for a bit. He was still thirsty, but that wasn't his main focus right now.
  "Tom bandaged up my hand.. he cares about me!" He thought, looking at his wrapped up hand. He was the happiest he's been since they moved into the new house about a week ago. He didn't care if he was overreacting, everything Tom has done for him in the past few minutes meant a lot to him.
  Meanwhile, Tom was downstairs, cleaning up the scene. He couldn't help but think about how Matt reacted to him grabbing his hand. He was in shock and his face went red, the whole rest of the time he seemed to still be in some kind of haze.
  "Maybe he likes me back.. Edd did say he thinks he does." He thought. Matt has made comments about finding men attractive, but he always thought he was joking. He's never came out to them directly or even made any super direct implications on his sexuality besides the occasional comments about men on tv, but there's a chance. Maybe he just assumed they would get the hint and didn't feel the need to come out..?
  After a bit, he was finally done cleaning up. He was exhausted and couldn't wait to lay down. He went upstairs, walked into his room, and flopped down onto his bed but no matter how exhausted he was, he couldn't manage to sleep. He couldn't stop thinking about Matt.
  A few years after they moved in together, Tom started to get annoyed by Matt. Of course they were still great friends, but he was unbearable sometimes, he'd even go as far as to say he hates him. He never saw himself thinking about Matt this way, hell, he never even thought he'd feel any attraction to the same gender. If he went in the past and told his past self about his current feelings, he wouldn't believe himself.
  He got his phone to check the time. It was 2:35 am, not the latest he's ever stayed up, but it was still late. Though it was very late and he was tired, he still didn't want to go to bed. He decided to go on his phone for a bit.
  As he scrolled through social media, he saw an ad that read, "Does your crush like you back? Take this quiz!".
  "Pff, bull crap." He thought. He knew they were never accurate, but he still thought he'd take it. Just for fun and possibly a little extra hope.
  Midway through the questions, he came to a realization.
  "The hell am I doing," he thought. "This is the most childish way to spend my time, especially since it's almost 3 in the morning." He shut off his phone and shut his eyes.
  "Maybe I'll tell Edd about how I feel in the morning, he'll at least help me get my mind off Matt."