Chapter 16

Chapter 16

Sloane

Gunner grabbed a pen and a piece of paper. "How much have you seen while you were here?" He asked, scribbling down a few words on the top of the paper. Prison. I tilted my head like a confused puppy. He saw and rolled his eyes. "Come on, be serious."

"Gunner, they're coming to kill us in three hours. I'm trying to live the last moments of my life having a blast."

He rolled his eyes again, his trademark. A frown burrowed in his face as he scribbled down a small room in the center of the paper, then a semi-square around it. The observation room. "Behind it is a bigger room where they interrogate you." I said, drawing another semi-box. 

He scribbled interrogation in the available place and gave a glance in my direction. I took the paper from his hand and drew what I remembered. A long hallway to the three torture rooms, the dining hall along the hall. "That's all I know. After the torture rooms, they've got hall after hall and room after room. I bet they're training rooms, or Gave-Bo sleeping quarters." He was eyeing me suspiciously. "What?" I growled, causing him to snap from whatever he'd been inquiring about me. Did he think I was a freaking spy or something?

"Your hair. They cut it." He said, his eye brows creasing deeply in his forehead. I shrugged, my hand raising to smooth it back. He turned away from me, his eyes focused on the paper like he was upset for bringing it up.

"There's two hallways filled with dead ends and empty rooms. They call them Prop rooms." He made a separate hall way, confused at where the rest was used. I took the pen and made a large room, the council room where I'd recently been. 

His eye brow cocked as I drew it. "They took me there to decide my fate. Yours too, probably." I rubbed my wrist. "We're going to die, Gunner." 

He didn't acknowledge, but he knew. He knew that in three hours we were going to die. He glanced at the notepad, then at me. His eyes were dim.

He knew and he accepted it.

I let out a sigh and stood up, walking over to the door. My temper was gone, wasn't it? No, there was a small fire still waiting. Wanting to fight. I kicked the door, screaming in anger. I wasn't like Gunner. My mother would die if she found out I had died. My father would commit suicide over her death and Finn would join to end up like me. 

The door opened, knocking me back. Salazar stood, head tilted high. "Come on." He growled, and suddenly G-B's filled the room. Gunner stood up, walking over to me. He put a hand on my shoulder, and I glanced up at him. His face was solemn, but not angry. Not anymore.

We took hands, and Salazar started down a hall. Gunner wouldn't meet my gaze. He was busy looking around for an escape in case he managed to get out. He wouldn't be able to though. Salazar wouldn't let him.

But at least we were together. I squeezed his hand to where his fingers turned an odd white, and he hissed under his breath. Yet he didn't let go. His fingers tightened around mine. 

Finally, we were brought to a dead end. Salazar cleared his throat and a door opened. A secret door? I rolled my eyes. "Nice little touch, you got there." I said. He glared back at me, then at the

G-B's who pushed me in. I glanced back at Gunner, and I'm sure my face was scared. His face was too, because he was paled. His lips went to form a word, something that sounded like 'No!'. I pulled away from the G-B who held me and ran to him. He took my arm.

I don't know what got into me. Maybe it was the fact that I was going to die. I pulled his face into my hands and kissed him with all that I held in me. He was stiff, like a rock, and I immediately regretted it. But when the G-B pulled me back, I saw his face twisted in pain.