A Nice Brotherly Chat

The line was quiet for a while until ponyboy said
"That means it's a boy, you know. I like a boy."
"I know." Sodapop said quietly on the other end.
"Okay."
The line was quiet for a while until,
"Are you gay?"
"Um, I don't know. Maybe?"
"Okay."
"Yeah."
"Well, tell me about this encounter, with the guy."
"I asked him on a picnic and then he asked if it was a date. I said no, so now we're just going as friends, but as soon as I said it wasn't a date, i wanted it to be."
"Okay."
"What do I do."
"Make it a date."
"How?"
"I don't know."
"That was terrible advice."
"I know."
The phone was quiet.
"I will always love you." Sodapop says into the phone.
Ponyboy doesn't know what to say. He continues
"I don't care who you love, boys, girls, both, neither because you are my brother and it doesn't matter to me. I don't care. No one cares. I'll love you forever. If no one else will accept you, just know I do."
"I know." Ponyboy said. He was crying now. Tears were sliding down his cheeks and onto the carpet, "I love you, too."
"But, listen, I've got to go, but it's great we had this chat. I'm here when you need me."
"All right. Goodbye."
"Bye, Pony."

Ponyboy hung up the phone. He lay down on his sofa and fell asleep.

A/N: Sorry this is so short! I wrote it kind of fast. I couldn't make you wait super long for this chapter due to the cliffhanger in the last one. I'll make sure to publish another one soon! I encourage you to vote and/or comment on my story if you like it! Take care!

-booksarelife

(P.S. today, I recommended you read Aristotle and Dante Discover The Secrets Of The Universe by Benjamin Alire Sàenz. Go read it. It's fantastic!)