Reunited At Last

Ponyboy didn't know why Johnny was at this fight den. He had no idea why Johnny would be there. It was the most un-Johnny like place in the  world. He walked over to where Johnny was standing. He was standing with a woman. She had short black hair and blue eyes. She was tall and she wore a black, leather trench coat with knee length boots. A black hat perched atop her crow colored curls. She looked like she was in her late forties. Her arm was slung around Johnny's shoulder like they were friends. Johnny looked his way and startled. That was when Ponyboy remembered he wasn't supposed to be there. Johnny whispered something to the woman and she nodded. He left her side and walked towards Ponyboy.
"Follow me." Johnny whispered.
Ponyboy followed him through a hallway and into a room. It had a bed and a table with a little lamp on it. There was another door leading to a bathroom. On the table, there was a picture of a small boy. He's smiling.
"What are you doing here?" Johnny hisses
"I wanted to find you." Ponyboy said.
"You shouldn't have come."
"What is this place?"
"It doesn't matter. You need to go."
"No."
"Ponyboy! You can't be here."
"You shouldn't be here!"
"Well, I am. I can't go."
"I'm not going until you leave."
"No. You're going to get yourself killed."
"You're too."
"No I'm-"
The door burst open. The guards who were outside the door before along with the woman who was standing with Johnny.
"Intruder!" one of the guards shouted.
"Seize him." The other yelled.
"No!" Johnny shouted.
Ponyboy now realised the thumbs up probably wasn't a good sign.
"I've never stuck a human in a ring, but now we get to try." The woman's voice was flowing and hypnotic.
"No!" Johnny cried
"Shut up." Said the woman.
The guards circled Ponyboy and reached out to grab him, but Johnny ha da different idea. He kicked them both in the back of the head. Ponyboy heard their bodies thunk on the ground.
"Run!" Johnny cried
Ponyboy ran. He ran down halls and up stairs. He could hear Johnny running behind him. They ran into they reached a small door. Johnny unlocked it with a key on his belt and held it open for Ponyboy to dart through. Outside, they ran through alleyways and streets they ran until they reached the cafe. Ponyboy unlocked the door and Johnny ran through. He locked it behind them. Ponyboy led Johnny to the back room with the ovens. The sat down on the ground. Ponyboy was panting. He had never ran as fast as he had that night.
"Johnny?"
"Mmm." Johnny's eyes were closed.
"Do you want a coffee?"

They stood behind the counter sipping their coffees. Ponyboy didn't like coffee, but he would drink it for Johnny. Neither of them had spoke about what had happened at the warehouse and Ponyboy was living the silence in the coffee shop. The street lamps were illuminating the road. You couldn't see the same cracks and imperfections you could see in the daylight. The trees looked bigger in the dark. The clock said it was 11:34. Ponyboy had classes tomorrow. He needed to get to bed. Johnny was drinking his coffee. He drank long gulps. When he had finished his coffee, Ponyboy handed over his. Johnny drank that too.
"What do we do now?" Ponyboy wondered aloud.
"I don't know." Johnny answered
They were quiet.
"Do you want to stay at my place." Ponyboy asked.
"No. I don't want to be an imposition."
"You are not an imposition."
"Everyone is an imposition."
"Not you."
Johnny was quiet.
"You are coming home with me." Ponyboy said. He grabbed Johnny's arm and led him out there door.

The walk to Ponyboy's place was noiseless. When they reached their destination, Ponyboy gave Johnny some new clothes and showed him the bathroom. As Johnny was having a shower, Ponyboy made some sandwiches and changed his clothes. When Johnny came out of the shower, he sat down next to Ponyboy on his bed.
"I'm sorry." He said
"You need to stop apologizing. You always apologize for things, even when you had no control over them. You didn't bring me to the warehouse. I did that. I almost got myself killed. You didn't do any of that stuff. You saved me. So really, I should be thanking you."
"You're welcome."
Ponyboy chuckled.
"Though, I do have to ask, why were you there in the first place?" Johnny stayed quiet, "you don't need to tell me. I'm here for you. If you need me." Johnny still didn't say anything.
"Do you want a sandwich?" Ponyboy asked. Johnny shook his head. Ponyboy stood up and put the sandwiches in the fridge.
"You can sleep in my bed. I'll sleep on the couch."   Ponyboy walked to his closet and took some sheets out.
"No." Johnny said, "I'll sleep on the couch."
"No. I'll give you my bed." Ponyboy said
"I can't sleep on a bed knowing you're sleeping on a couch."
"I can't either."
Johnny looked down at his feet.
"We could both sleep on the bed. It is big enough for the both of us." Ponyboy suggested.
"Alright." Johnny said.
They walked to Ponyboy's room. Johnny took the right side and Ponyboy took the left. They lay there in silence until Johnny whispered, "Goodnight, Ponyboy."
"Goodnight Johnny."

A/N: hope you liked this kind of short chapter. I am planning for 14 chapters, so there are 5 left! Thank you so much for reading this much! Have a great day/night. You are an important human being and deserve everything you have. I love you all <3

-booksarelife

(P.S. if you need a book, I suggest Bruised by Tanya Boteju. Really good book.)