𝟎𝟓/𝐏𝐢𝐜𝐨/ 𝐅𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐤𝐬 /

Phonophobia (noun)
The fear of loud noises

Loud noises never bothered Pico before the incident. Now the slightest loud sound set him off. Something falling to the floor, dishes clattering, loud voices, car alarms, doors closing, anything loud disturbed the ginger. If you were close enough to Pico or Boyfriend then you've heard what happened. If not then I'll leave you to wonder.

There's been rumors surrounding Pico after IT. Many think he's got PTSD others Schizophrenia and some even think he has both. Wether he had one or both or neither you were there for him. One holiday Pico despised. The 4th of July. Not because Pico didn't like his independence but because of the fireworks.

Fireworks set him off the most, many 4ths of July's Pico would suffer throughout the day with panic attacks due to them being set off. Now he has you though. You made him feel safe, more sane, sometimes you made him forget what he went through. Some days it was just too strong. Nonetheless Pico adored you for being there.

Many people would gather around outside their houses, parks, backs of cars, trying to get a glimpse of the pretty sparkly bombs in the sky. The only honest why Pico would be able to do that is if he was deaf or if he wore 5 ear muffs in each ear. Pico didn't really care about the colors or that people wanted to celebrate. Just the noise. The loud noise.

It's pretty warm out. Pico and you were just sitting in your shared room watching anything that interested you. You guys already plowed through the snacks. You looked over at Pico whose eyes were glued to the screen using his thumb to look through the titles. "Pico?" You suddenly said.

The man known as Pico whipped his head towards you, "Mhm?" He said in response waiting for you to continue. "You know what day tomorrow is right?" You asked slowly. He looked at the floor, sat up straight, and put his hands on his knees. He slowly nodded a frown forming on his face. It was July 3rd.

You sighed and wrapped an arm around the gingers shoulder and pulled him closer to you. He looked up at your face and smiled slowly. You smiled back and kissed his forehead. "It's gonna be okay." You assured. "I'm here and nothings going to hurt you again." You hugged Pico tightly. He hugged back and buried his face in your neck.

You smiled and played with his hair, turning on his favorite TV show caused the man to look up and turn his attention towards the TV. He laid his head against your chest and sighed in content. This caused you to smile. Pico didn't deserve the pain he had suffered. If you could you'd take it away from him. Pain doesn't define you. However one thing was for sure. Pico hates fireworks.

Hello! I know the 4th of July has passed but I really wanted to do this. I know it's short and suCkY but it's what I thought of. I hope you guys enjoyed reading. <3