1: The Beginning

Note: Some of the events, scenes, dialogue, and characters in the story will be different than in the anime/manga, just to fit the narrative and change things up a bit. Certain things will be added, and some will be removed.

You wake up, sit up in bed and prepare to go about your business like everyday for the past summer— except you realize, it's your first day of your last year in high school. A new school, added to that.

You recently moved to Tokyo from Kyoto, since your parents had divorced. Your mom decided to move to another city, so you and her could start a fresh, new life.

Your dad on the other hand, wasn't in the picture anymore. He used to be a wonderful person, up until around when you first entered middle school; He became the person he is today.

He didn't hit you, but he hit your mother.

One day, he was about to leave the country for work, but you and your mother left before he did.

Lucky for you, you had somewhat of an idea what was going on—it was something about the 'Stands' that you, your father, the person he's working for, and probably other people had as well— you just haven't met these people yet. Your knowledge of what Stands really were what came from your father, whom you've overheard on multiple occasions talking to people about— people he worked with, or for.

You were glad your mom wanted to move away though, you couldn't afford to get her even more caught up in this mess than she already was.

You look at the time— 7:25 am.

It was about time for school, and you really didn't want to be late on your first day.

You hurry up and go to your bathroom, wash your face and brush your teeth, and get ready to put your uniform on.

These uniforms weren't too different from your last school's uniform, so at least one thing felt familiar.

After you adjusted your uniform, you brushed your (h/l), (h/c) hair. You wanted to make sure you left a good impression on your first day, being a new student and all.

After you got done getting ready, you checked the time again: 7:40 am. School started at 8:00 am, so you needed to start hurrying.

You ran down the stairs, trying to get out the door fast. "(Y/n), do you want any breakf—"

"Sorry Mom, not hungry!"

"Oh okay~ have a nice day at school! Make new friends!"

-—
As you're running down the sidewalk, you start to wonder what this new school would be like. Would the people be nice? How many of them wou—

Your thoughts were interrupted when you collided with someone walking on the other corner of the sidewalk.

"Oh, sorry-" You were cut off by a deep voice.

"Watch it, bitch." You looked up, startled, to see a huge, buff dude towering over you. He was wearing a school uniform, but wore it wrong. He was so tall for a student!

"I said sorry, don't call me a bitch," You said back, picking up your bag and dusting yourself off.

Hmph, not nice, then.

He tips his hat, and mutters something under his breath. "Good grief." As he was walking away, another voice startled you as well.

"Don't mind him, he can be a bit... rude sometimes. But he's nice enough once you get to know him."

You turn around to find the person speaking. You're met with an equally large guy— were all men at this school this ripped?— who has reddish-pink hair and funny-looking cherry earrings. His expression was softer though, and he was smiling slightly.

"Pfft, him, nice? Didn't see that one coming." You scoff, laughing just a bit.

"Kakyoin." The guy says.

"Huh?"

"Noriaki Kakyoin. And who might you be? I don't think I've seen you around here before."

"Oh, I'm (Y/n)," You tell him, as you both begin walking towards the school.

"(Y/n)... lovely." Kakyoin says, with a small smile.

"O-oh, thank you." You look down at the ground. "So I take it that you're a senior?" You ask him.

"That would be correct. And what about you, (Y/n)?"

"Oh, I'm a senior as well."

If all of the seniors look like this, they'll think I'm a middle schooler or something. What a lovely school this will be.

"Oh that's nice, then maybe we'll have some classes tog—"

You hear the shill of several girls way in front of you.

"Hey, it's Jojo!"

"What, Jojo?"

"You're right, it's Jojo!

"Jojo! Jojo! Good morning Jojo!"

"So Jojo, what have you been doing over the summer?" One girl says to the guy from earlier, clinging to his arm— that is, until another girl shoves her off.

"Hey! Why are you clinging to Jojo's arm like that? You're too close, stay away from him!" The one who shoved the girl says.

"What the hell, ugly?" Says the clingy one.

"Shut it, no-boobs." She says back.

The girls both gasped, and started shouting at each other.

"Ugly!"
"No-boobs!"
"Ugly!"
"No-boobs!"
"Ugly!"
"No-boobs!"
"Ugly—"

"Shut the hell up! You're all damn annoying!" The guy you bumped into earlier, apparently named Jojo, yelled at all of them.

A moment of silence passed, until they all shrieked, happy that he said something to them.

"He totally said that to me!" The clingy girl had said.

"Heh, they sure get annoying." Kakyoin says, laughing a bit.

"Honestly, I don't know what they see in him." You sigh. Well, maybe you did. He was handsome, you had to admit that— but his foul personality ruined whatever he had going for him.

"He's cold. But like I said, if he can tolerate you he's not so bad." Kakyoin smiled.

"So, are the two of you friends?" You ask him. You wondered how someone who seemed so nice could possibly put up with such a cold personality.

"You could say that, yes." Kakyoin said.

You sigh again. "They'll be like this the whole school year, won't they? Those girls." You say, already knowing the answer.

"Unfortunately, yes. You'll get used to it though."

"I sure hope so."

By now, you find yourself nearing the school enterance.

"Well, see you later, (Y/n)?" Kakyoin says to you, smiling.

Oh, he actually planned on talking to you later. You didn't think making a friend would be this easy. "Yeah, see ya!" You smile and wave to him before turning around, causing the lightest amount of pink to appear on his cheeks.

"Wait!" He said suddenly, the pink on his cheeks subsiding. "You have a scratch on your arm, from when you fell."

You hold your arm out, looking at the small cut. There was a little bit of blood, nothing that Red Velvet couldn't fix. You would just have her fix it during class, since you don't think anyone else would be able to see the ribbons. "Oh don't worry," you say, "I'll fix it up. Bye!" You smile, and run off to class...