9: Roulette

The shark jumps up out of the water and goes towards the kid, but your Stand emerges in front of you...

And does something it's never done before.

You hear a small voice, the voice of your Stand, in the back of your head.

Roulette.

-—
"What... what are you?"

(Y/n), I'm the manifestation of your fighting spirit. I'm here to guide you and protect you.

"Manifestation of... my fighting spirit? So are you like, some kind of superpower?"

I suppose you could think of myself as that.

What kind of Shonen manga is this? Superpowers...?

"So... what can you do?"

You will learn through time. Learning more about my powers is essentially just like learning more about yourself. When the time is right, something new may happen. You may find yourself in a stressful situation, or in a situation you can't do anything about. No matter how you find out more about all of this, it will all happen at the right moment. It just takes time...

-—
I have to save him!

Time seems to slow as multiple disc-like ribbon projectiles are launched at the shark at high speeds, making nasty looking cuts all over it. It's slung around in the air for a bit by your attack before it falls into the water and floats, signifying it's death.

You eyes widen, not knowing what that was or how you did it, but you continue running towards the kid. Once you're in reach of him you send Red Velvet to grab him—

Her?

Red Velvet's ribbon knocks off the kid's hat, leaving her hair to be free. The ribbon grabs the kid and pulls her towards you, and you grab on to her as you run back to the ship, her hat still floating away in the water.

She begins to kick and scream. "How were you walking on water?! Put me down! What are—"

"Don't worry," You cut her off, speaking as gently as possible as you look at her from the corner of your eye. "I'm helping you. You can trust me," You tell her as you shoot her a quick smile and focus back in front of you.

She looks at you in awe, and nods, not saying anything else. But out of the corner of your eye, you see something else moving in the water.

"Hey (Y/n), behind you! Something is getting closer to you!" Mr. Joestar yells. You look behind you, and sure enough— It's not a shark, but whatever it is, it's racing towards you and the girl... but the girl doesn't seem to see it. It leaps out of the water, but before you could jump aside and attack it, you feel something else wrap around your waist.

"If she's from this distance, I can get her with my Heirophant Green!" Kakyoin shouts, pulling both you and the girl you're holding up off of your Stand's ribbons as they retract back to Red Velvet. The creature in the water narrowly misses your foot, and it jumps back into the water again and disappears.

Kakyoin pulls you and the girl up onto the boat, and he rushes over to you.

"(Y/n)! Are you ok?!" Kakyoin asks, panicked. You nod, and look down at the kid.

"Yeah, but I'm more concerned about her, though. She's pretty shaken up..."

Jotaro mumbles something under his breath, barely audible. "Crazy bitch."

"It's not like I was going to leave her to be mauled to death by the shark," You say back to him. He only rolls his eyes as he lights a cigarette and tilts his hat down.

"Anyways, was that? Your Stand has never done anything like that before," Kakyoin asked, referring to how you had attacked the shark.

"I'm not completely sure... but I suppose it's a new ability. It's called... Roulette," You tell him, and he nods.

"That thing in the water! It had to have been a Stand!" Polnareff yells, looking down at the water and then to Avdol.

"A Stand that stays in the water... I don't believe I've encountered anything like it before," Avdol says. "But who could be the one controlling it...?"

The girl, out of breath, leans against you as you hold her up and tries to regain her breath. The others stare at her menacingly... And by the look on their faces, you can tell they think that she's the Stand user.

  ゴ
 ゴ
   ゴ
 ゴ
"C'mon guys, you really think that she's the one controlling that Stand? She was confused and freaked out because she thought I was walking on the water out there. She definitely didn't see it!" You tried to defend her.

"She could be tricking you... She could have tried to lure you into the shark-infested waters on purpose, (Y/n)," Kakyoin said, giving you a worried expression.

"I told you I'm fine. I'm not letting any shark hurt me."

The girl stood up, clearly fed up with the staring and random accusations. "W-What are you jerks staring at? And why would I lure someone into shark water?! I would never do something like that!" She shouts, pointing at Kakyoin. "I wouldn't have jumped if I knew there was a damn shark in there!"

She backed up against you a little bit, as if she was scared. She then pulled out a switchblade, pointing it at the guys. "I-I don't trust any of you guys! I'll take you all on, one-on-one, so don't underestimate me! My switchblade wants the blood of it's next victim!"

Kakyoin has to put a hand over his mouth to stifle a laugh. Polnareff just scoffs and rolls his eyes. "You brat! Maybe we should throw you back into the ocean—"

"Hey." You glare at Polnareff, and he stops speaking and widens his eyes— he knows you're serious. You put a hand on the girls shoulder, and she looks up at you. "Kid, what's your name?"

"Anne. And yours is (Y/n), I heard them yell it earlier w-when you jumped off the boat..." She replies in a small voice.

You nod. "Anne is just confused, that's all. We're probably making it worse for her... I doubt she's the one controlling that Stand."

What she didn't know is that your Stand emerged and went in front of her, pacing around her. Her eyes didn't follow Red Velvet, so it was obvious that Anne wasn't a threat. Mr. Joestar sighed, and walked towards the two of you.

"Don't come near us!" Anne yelled, holding her pocket knife back up.

"Anne, it's alright. He's not going to try to hurt you." You smiled and she looked back up at you. "You can put that away."

She nodded and folded the blade back in, and tucked it in a pocket somewhere.

Mr Joestar started to speak, but was interrupted when you were pushed to the side and Anne was picked up by the collar of her clothing.

"So this is our little stowaway, huh?"