14: Guns & Reflections

You and the group were on a boat, about to cross India. Mr. Joestar didn't seem to like the idea of going to India very much...

"I'm a little worried. My image of India is a place where all people eat is curry and get sick all of the time," Mr. Joestar whines.

"I'm worried my body won't be able to handle the culture gap..." Polnareff says.

Avdol laughs. "You don't need to worry. India is a nice country, where simple people live. You will be perfectly fine once you get used to it." The boat comes to a stop, and Avdol reaches out to open the door. "Now, let's go."

You're greeted with a rather... busy country. The streets are packed with people, young and old, having conversations and begging for donations.

"Please, give me a tip!"

"Could you spare anything?"

"Let me carry that for you!" Someone tries to take Polnareff's bag.

"Want a tattoo? You're very pretty!" Someone says to Kakyoin, making him a bit uncomfortable.

"You're a very beautiful young lady! Marry my son," an old man tugs at your sleeve trying to take you with him. Jotaro sends the old guy a menacing glare as he puts his hand on your shoulder. They guy looks up at him in fear and backs away.

"Thanks..." You say to Jotaro and he nods.

Pretty soon, the six of you were surrounded by people. They tugged at sleeves asking for tips, offering help, and other things like that. If there was one thing that you didn't like— it was crowds. The nervousness probably became visible on your face, because Jotaro moved you to the center of where your group stood— basically hiding you.

"My wallet's already been stolen!" Kakyoin points out.

We need to find a hotel as soon as possible. I hate this place!

Multiple small children pulled on Jotaro's clothing, begging him for tips. "If you don't give me a tip, you won't go to heaven, Mister!"

"Hey! Don't touch my bag!" Polnareff shouted as he held his bag high above his head.

"Avdol! This is India?!" Mr. Joestar asks him.

"See? Isn't it just great?" Avdol responds, laughing. "This is what makes it such a wonderful country!"

-—
The six of you found a nice restaurant in town, and decided to stop there to get some food. You sat in between Kakyoin and Polnareff, glad that you were out of that giant crowd.

Mr. Joestar takes a sip of his tea, and begins to speak. "At last, a little bit of peace."

"As I have mentioned before, it's just a matter of getting used to it. Once you get used to being here, you'll realize how wonderful India really is," Avdol says.

"You know, I sort of like this place. It's pretty great," Jotaro says— Although you would think that he would like it the least, considering how antisocial he tends make himself out to be.

"Seriously, Jotaro?! You mean that?" Mr. Joestar is surprised.

"I might be able to get used to it, although I really didn't like being in the crowds out there in those streets," You say. "Makes me uncomfortable."

Polnareff sighs. "Talk about culture shock. I'll like it once I get used to it, huh? Well... I guess people adapt to their surroundings," He says as he picks up his bag and stands up from out of his chair. "Where's the bathroom?" Polnareff asks a waiter. The waiter points him in the right direction, and he begins to jog over there.