18: Locket

You and Kakyoin haven't talked at all since last night.

Even after dinner, you ended up having to share a bed with Jotaro— Kakyoin had been a bit annoyed by not getting to sleep next to you, but he didn't voice his opinion on the matter; he didn't want to upset Jotaro by starting an argument, and he didn't want to do anything that would embarrass you.

But it's especially awkward now, being met with your face pretty much snuggled into Jotaro's chest and his arms holding you closer to him as you wake up.

Jotaro must be a cuddler in his sleep...

You don't try to wriggle your way out of his arms, as not to wake him, but instead pretend to be asleep still until he wakes up.

It was eerily silent, apart from the sound of his breathing. The more you just lay there, the more you realize... It's really comfortable. Somehow, being in his arms feels... safe.

Am I a bad person for enjoying being close to one of my friends like this, while I kissed the other friend just the day before? Why can't I be normal, and only harbor feelings for one person like everyone else...

As you lay trapped in Jotaro's arms, you feel him shift a little, his arms slowly releasing you as he wakes up and moves. His weight shifts to the side of the bed, him probably getting ready to get up.

"Good grief..." You hear him whisper to himself.

Once he does get up, you peek your eyes open. He opens the door to the balcony and walks out to smoke a cigarette, shutting the door behind him. You then look over at Kakyoin, who's asleep, facing the wall.

You decide to get up, grab your clothes, and go to the bathroom to take a shower. You silently open and close the bathroom door beind you.

You notice something strange sitting on the counter as you walk in— A slip of paper and something that looked like a necklace.

You take a closer look, your curiosity getting the best of you, and see something that you hadn't think you would ever see again—

That rectangular-shaped locket that held the weird rock that made your Stand manifest in you; the locket that your father had left on your dresser that one time. Hesitantly, you pick it up and open it. Both sides each have an image; One with a different, newer picture of you— the last time you saw it, it was a picture of you in middle school— and the same picture of that strange looking man with the star on the back of his neck.

This man...

This is DIO.

How the hell is this here? Did he use his Stand to sneak into the hotel room without any of us knowing? Creepy.

You resist the temptation of throwing the locket away, deciding it would probably be best to show it to Mr. Joestar.

You then picked up the note that the locket had been laying on top of to read what it says:

To my dearest (Y/n),

As I'm sure you've figured out by now, I've been working with Lord DIO for a few years now— I was one of the first people who stood by his side when he resurfaced. You could even say that I'm the most loyal to Lord DIO!

Because of this, I know information about him that I know you'll want. The only way you'll get said information is if you come and join us, just like you were meant to.

Why should I listen to what he has to say?

You may be wondering, 'Why should I listen to what he has to say?' Well, child, I'll tell you! I have something— No, somebody— precious to you in my possession. The next time I confront you, if you don't join me to work alongside Lord DIO like you were supposed to from the beginning...