Ch.14 Always and Forever

Chapter 14

"You can't do this," Nora shook her head in anger.

"I can," Hayden said. "I just did."

Nora's eyes narrowed as she shot daggers through her gaze. Her hands balled into fists as her face heated up. She felt her temper flare like wildfire, the same fire that was dancing in Hayden's eyes. If he thought he could hold her here against her will and she would quietly go along with it, Hayden was a bigger idiot than Nora had thought in high school.

Nora's attention shifted to Hayden's door as he stood in front of her, waiting to see what she would do. He let her stomp over to the door before he flickered his hand and the door shut with a loud bang.

Nora turned, refusing to look at Hayden as she went for the sliding glass windows.

"Are you seriously considering that?" Hayden asked as Nora pushed the window open and looked down. "You'll break every single bone in your body. That's a three story jump."

"Open the door," Nora commanded, turning around.

"No."

"Hayden, open the door or I'll scream."

"Soundproof rooms, remember?"

Nora still tried her luck. She used all her might to scream at the top of her lungs, making Hayden's hands fly up to cover his ears.

"You can scream all you want!" Hayden holler back, holding his ears.

"Hayden, please!" Nora stomped her feet. "This is ridiculous. You're acting like a child!"

"You're the one stomping and screaming!"

Nora's anger boiled over. She grabbed the closest thing to her on the nightstand and hurled it towards Hayden's head. The half jinn easily ducked out of the way, causing the crystal glass to shatter against the window.

"Stop," Hayden warned as Nora grabbed the lamp of the nightstand.

"Open the door," Nora said.

"Put down the lamp."

"Unlock the door," Nora held the lamp like a baseball bat, ready to swing.

"Getting out of this room isn't going to solve any of your problems."

"Open the fuckin door, you lunatic!"

"Fine!"

Nora watched the lock turn on its own and the door swung open. She immediately dropped the lamp and ran out, heading for the stairs. Hayden's heavy footsteps followed her as she marched downstairs and turned for the main entrance of the house.

"Nora, stop," Hayden commended, following her down the hall.

"You don't get to tell me what to do," Nora said bitterly.

She reached for the door and swung it open.

Hayden held up his hand and the door shut, yanking Nora forward with it.

"Sorry," he jumped forward. "Are you okay?"

"Screw you!" Nora snickered, pulling the door open once more.

Hayden raised his hand again and the door shut.

Nora opened the door and Hayden shut it. She opened it and he shut it.

Frustrated, angry, and tired, Nora let out another scream.

"Stop screaming!" Hayden yelled.

"Are you insane?" Nora cried. "Do you see what the fuck you are doing?"