Ch.33 Luck

Chapter 33

"You're not holding it correctly," Heyder rolled his eyes as he watched Noor struggle with the golf club that was taller than he was.

"I don't know what to do," Noor mumbled, staring at the ground where Eggs had placed the white golf ball for him.

"You might want to turn the stick around," Heyder said, leaning against his own golf club.

"Like this?" Noor asked, swinging the club around.

"Yeah," Heyder said. "Now, hit the ball."

Noor took a swing.

"Next time, hit the ball," Heyder said.

"This is hard," Noor complained.

"No," Heyder said. "You just suck."

"Is that a bad word?" Noor squinted up in the bright sunlight. "Hayden said I can't say bad words."

"Hayden?" Heyder arched his brow. "You don't call him dad...or baba or dada?"

Noor shook his head.

"What do you call Peanut?"

"Who's peanut?" Noor asked.

"Nora," Heyder stepped forward and squinted to where Exton and Gemma stood a few yards away. "What do you call her?"

"Nora."

"Yes, what do you call her?"

"Nora."

"What. Do. You. Call. Her."

"I call her Nora."

"Not mom?"

Noor shook his head again.

"You do know that they are like your parents now, right?" Heyder asked.

"Do I call them mom and dad?"

"You should," Heyder shrugged. "But ask them first. I don't know if they want to be the new age type parents where you get to call them by their name."

"Okay," Noor nodded.

"Ready to try again?"

"No, this is hard," Noor frowned. "I don't like this."

"Then what do you want to do because Eggs is not leaving until they throw him out?"

"I want to ride the horses."

"Look around, kid. There are no horses here."

"But you asked what I wanted to do."

"Yes, I asked," Heyder nodded. "But do I care? No."

"Where's Birdie?"

"Shouldn't you be calling her aunty or something?" Heyder sighed. "Calling everyone by their name. That's not polite."

"Birdie said she'll hang me by my ankles if I call her aunty," Noor gazed up at the jinn with his big green eyes as his small arms wrapped around the golf club.

"She won't," Heyder shook his head. "She's too chicken. That one is all talk. But Hayden.....don't ever piss him off. He will actually hang you by your ankles."

Noor's eyes widened.

"Don't worry," Heyder laughed. "I'm sure Peanut won't let it happen."

"Why do you call her Peanut?"

"Because you can crush her like a peanut."

"But then she will die," Noor frowned.

"That's very true."