Ch.18 Mr. & Mrs. Popular

Chapter 18

Nora tightly wrapped the towel around herself as she picked up the blow dryer and roughly dried out her hair. On the island she barely had time to look at her appearance. But standing in Hayden's bathroom, she began to notice what everyone had been talking about.

The purification had kicked everything up a notch. Nora's hair was indeed much dark and healthier. Her skin had a soft glow, making the high points of her cheek gleam. Her eyes looked much happier, but that had little to do with the purification and a whole lot to do with Hayden.

"Admiring yourself?" Hayden asked, leaning against the door frame of the bathroom.

Nora blushed and switched off the hair dryer, "No, I...."

"It's okay," Hayden walked up to her and wrapped his arms around her waist. "You're too beautiful to not take pride in yourself."

"Thank you," Nora leaned back, sighing as Hayden leaned down and sucked off the water droplets on her neck. "Did you get the pill?"

"Yes," Hayden nodded. "Come."

Nora held onto her towel as Hayden picked her up and swung her out of the bathroom. He carried her over to the bed and sat her down in the middle of the unmade mess.

"Water?" Hayden asked, picking up the brown pharmacy bag.

"Yes," Nora nodded, grabbing the bottle of water off the nightstand.

She unscrewed the lid as Hayden sat down in front of her and took out the Plan B pill from it's little box.

"You know," he said, handing over the small white pill. "Us having a baby won't be so bad."

Nora's eyes snapped up. She stared at the boy in front of her, not sure if he was being serious.

"Think about it," Hayden laughed. "From your side they will have Zeus after them. From my side they will have Maaz after them....and maybe even this fake fey queen you were telling me about."

"Udara," Nora said, placing the pill on her tongue.

"Yeah, her," Hayden said, leaning back on his elbows and watching Nora take a swing from the water bottle. "Our kid will be the popular kid."

"I don't want to be popular anymore," Nora groaned. "Please....no more. Just a boring life as a fly on the wall will do just fine."

Hayden threw his head back and laughed, filling the whole room with the sound. Nora leaned forward and placed her head over his chest, getting cozy as he pulled her closer and tucked her by his side.

"I love you, Nora Kennedy," he said, turning his head and kissing her full lips.

"Rossi," Nora corrected him. "And I love you so much more."

"Rossi?" Hayden arched his brow. "You're Italian?"

"Apparently, I am," Nora laughed. "Maybe that's why I love pasta so much."

"And talking with your hands."

"What?"

"You talk with your hands a lot," Hayden teased. "I always have the urge to hold them down and see what you will do."

"I do not talk with my hands," Nora shook her head.

"You do," Hayden said. "But I love it."

"What else do I do?"

"You talk to yourself."

Nora gasped, "No. I know that's a lie!"

"You drove me crazy when you worked with me on campus," Hayden turned and pinned Nora beneath him. "Always like a chirping bird at your desk. Just yapping away to yourself."