Battle Scars

A/N: I absolutely love this song, and this is sort of a teaser for the series I'm writing, so enjoy and the video is down in the media :)

Hope the wound heals but it never does

That's cause you're at war with love

You're at war with love, yeah

"No!" Leo screamed taking Lynn into his arms cradling her, while the flames licked at her arms. "Don't leave me." He didn't want the tears to stream, but one trickled down his soot filled face, and rolled onto the ebony haired girl's cheek.

These battle scars don't look like they're fading

Don't look like they're ever going away

They ain't never gonna change

These battle...

Leo looked at Lynn's face, and he could barely see a faint pale line. He traced it with his fingers.

"Lynn what's this?" He asked still taking the faint white slash.

She looked down and sighed. "I don't usually tell anyone, but it's a scar from a dagger."

"How'd you get it?" Leo asked carefully retracting his hand, with a serious face.

Lynn squirmed in her seat. "The War Games at Camp Jupiter. A kid was going to stab, Jason from behind and I quickly darted in the way. I was a lot shorter, so the kid sliced his dagger across my face. I got this scar out of cold blood."

Never let a wound ruin me

But I feel like ruin's wooing me

Arrow holes, they never close from Cupid on a shooting spree

"You're the one who did this!" Lynn shouted. "Love is worse than death!"

Cupid of stepped away from the shadows and smiled, but it was cold. "Oh Lynn, you will experience both before you know it." With that the winged man left, with a very angry Lynn.

"Get back here!" Lynn barked. She slumped down and buried her face into her arms.

I can't do this, she thought.

Feeling stupid cause I know it ain't no you and me

But when you're trying to beat the odds up

Been trying to keep your nods up

And you know that you should know

And let her go

But the fear of the unknown

Hold another lover strong

Sends you back into the zone

"Let her go," Hazel said gently to Leo, putting her cocoa hand on his shoulder.

"You don't get it!" Leo yelled. "Calypso was the best thing that ever happened to me."

Hazel was shocked at Leo's outburst, but quickly regained her position.

"Someone else is here for you," Hazel spoke sharply. "You're killing her on the inside. You know she can feel all of our feelings. It's killing her and you're just so dense!"

This time Leo was surprised. Hazel was usually calm when it came to these things. He tried to walk out of the room and mumbled, "We're done with this conversation."

Hazel quickly got in front of the door to stop Leo from leaving. "Don't play dumb with me! You know who I'm talking about!"

Leo was about to reply, but Hazel beat him to it.