2. Idiot goes to his local library. No harm in that.. right?

Kurapika and Leorio managed to get the window open without making too much noise. Well, it was mostly Kurapika.

The two climbed inside and tip toed over to the sleeping form of Gon.

"Gon," Kurapika whispers, gently shaking his shoulder.

The boy woke up and rubbed his eyes. "Kurapika? Leorio?" His tone turned increasingly more happy as he realized they were here. "Yay! I'm not alone anymore!" He gives them both a hug.

Leorio shushes him. "Jeez! Shut up! You're gonna wake up whoever lives here," he whisper yells.

Gon tilts his head. "Someone lives here? I haven't seen anyone."

"That's because you've been asleep."

Suddenly, a door open and you charge out with baseball bat, ready to Sangwoo whoever the fuck was in your house.

Thankfully, the light was on and you instantly recognized them.

"H-h" the bat clatters to the floor.

"Hello!" Gon waves.

"H?"

"HAH?!?!" You yell, dramatically pointing a finger at them. "W-h- WHAT?! H-how... holy shit I must be dreaming..." you start laughing somewhat maniacally. Kinda scary.

"Sorry for intruding! We'll be going now..." Kurapika says, edging closer to the window.

"Wait, don't leave Kurapika! You guys are honestly some of my favorite characters and I don't wanna end this dream."

"Wait.. you know me?"

"Characters?"

"This isn't a dream, kid."

You show a fist at Leorio. "I'm not a kid! Older than you, so take that!"

Gon raises his hand as if he was class. "How exactly do you know Kurapika?"

"Oh, not just him. I know all you guys!" You peered around the room. "But.. where's Killua? Don't let him kill me," you laugh nervously.

Leorio takes out his knife. "Tell us. Now."

You throw your hands up. "Woah, jeez! Calm down! I'm not a threat, I promise. Here, let me be right back. I'll show you proof and explain why I know you guys, but I have to go grab it. Feel free to eat anything in the fridge and stay here until I get back."

"How do we know you aren't lying, huh?" Leorio gazed unimpressed at you.

"Uhh... cuz this is my apartment? Don't exactly have anywhere else to run to? I'll even leave my wallet here, if it'll make you happy." You pull out your wallet and toss it to Kurapika, who clumsily catches it. "Jeez, you guys are a lot more meaner in my dream for some reason."

"This isn't a dream. Also, where are we? Why is everything written in another language?" Kurapika says while examining the contents of your wallet. "What's this stuff?" He pulls out some cash you had.

"Money. Uhh I think they call it Jenny in your world."

Gon hops off the couch and stands in front of you, crossing his arms and staring up at you. "You better come back."

You pat his head. "Don't worry. I will. I'm not like your dad," you say just before closing the door.

Leorio huffs and lays back on the couch. "He's weird. Why does he think this is a dream?"

"World.." Kurapika mumbles to himself.

Gon skips off to the kitchen, scavenging for food. You had brought up a pressing question. Where was Killua? Gon kind of missed being with him considering they hadn't really parted since the beginning of the hunter exam. Minus the time he went home. Also, you knew about his dad?! He just realized what you said and dropped a water bottle on his foot.

Meanwhile, you made your way to the library. This didn't feel like a dream but... no, no. There's no way in hell this was real life.

Anyway, your goal was the check out one of the hxh mangas and show it to them as proof. You figured since they already knew Killua, it would be safe to show them the first book. (Haven't read the manga I'm just guessing based off of episodes.)

As you were browsing the shelves, a man with a weird.. was that a head band? Well, whatever. The point is a man sat down across the table from where your coat was.

You grabbed the book you were looking for and headed over. Not wanting to be rude by moving, you take a seat. Now that you thought about it, this man looked kind of familiar. Wasn't that.. oh my go—

"Excuse me," he says, giving you a friendly smile.

Trying to hide the fact that you knew him, you awkwardly smiled back. "Yes?"

"Could you read the title of this book please? For some reason, I can't understand what it says..."

"Oh, sure! And Then There Were None.. pretty good book if you ask me."

His eyebrows raise slightly. "You like to read?"

You nod. "Yup! I may look dumb, but reading is one of my favorite hobbies. I'm (Y/n), by the way."

He takes back the book and gingerly opens the cover. "Chrollo."

You opened your mouth to say 'I know' but quickly shut it.

"So.. how come you speak perfect English but you can't read it?"

"That's a good question... you can read this?" He turns the book around.

You nod.

"Fascinating."

He gets up and moves to the seat next to you. "Will you read it to me?"

You glanced at your manga and back at him. "Uh.. sure," you say hesitantly, grabbing the novel from him and placing it on the table. One chapter couldn't hurt.

He moves closer, his chin hovering just above your shoulder. You cleared your throat and started reading. Halfway through the chapter, he stopped trying to read the weird language and just watched your face, absorbing every word you spoke.

You closed the book once you finished the chapter.

"Oh, you're done?"

"Yeah, I kind of have something I need to do..."

"Can't you read more?"

"Uh.. sorry, but I really can't. People are waiting on me."

He sighs, propping his chin up with his hand. "Can't be helped, I guess. Will you be here tomorrow?"

"Sure! Same time?"

Satisfied with that answer, he smiles slightly and nods. "Sounds good to me."

"Seeya!" You ruffle his hair and grab your coat before walking out.

The black haired male blushes ever so faintly and fixes the strands of hair that were out of wack. He smiles to himself as he thinks.

What a strange man...

He was kinda cute though.

~~~~~

Words:1064