7. Just where were you, young man!

"DONT KILL ME," you screeched as you ran away from the crusty ass building they had you in.

In fact, you didn't stop running until you hit the main part of the city. You apartment complex was on the other side of town, so you started walking.

It took a good thirty minutes to an hour to get back inside your home. You were greeted by a green blur flitting around you and berating you with questions.

"Sorry, guys. I kinda got kidnapped," you say, rubbing the back of your neck.

They were all silent for a moment before yelling "WHAT?!"

Gon grabs your hand. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine, I promise. They didn't hurt me.. surprisingly," you say, mumbling the last part.

Leorio puts his hands on his hips like an angry dad. "How the hell did you get kidnapped?!"

"Well... I was walking home from the library and then I ran into Hisoka and Illumi-"

"Wait, Illumi is here??" Killua cuts in, breaking his aloof attitude.

"Yeah, he is. Anyway, after that I woke up in this dusty ass building, chained up. And then," you glanced at the kids and then away. "Uh.. some stuff happened and I escaped."

Kurapika narrowed his eyes at you. "You escaped from two mass murderers?"

"Well, I don't think their intention was to kill me. They wanted information."

"On what?" Leorio asks.

"No idea. I couldn't really understand what they were asking me," you lie, ignoring how Killua's eyes narrowed. Boy was stupidly smart.

You sigh. "Would you guys like some food?"

Gon grins from ear to ear. "Food!!"

Killua shrugs and turns his cheek. "Food would be nice.."

Kurapika shrugs and agrees and now you were all discussing where and what to eat.

"Why not McDonald's? It's cheap and the one close actually has some good food and makes it right."

They all blink at you. "What's McDonald's," Gon asks.

Your jaw drops. "You- Alright that's it. Let's go."

All five of you exited the complex and headed towards the McDonald's.

Gon was riding on your shoulders, laughing and pointing at things excitedly. You had tried to hold Killua's hand so he didn't get lost but he shoved his hands in his pockets and walked ahead, embarrassed at the attention. He wasn't used to someone being protective of him.

Leorio walked in the back of the group, grumbling about having to carry all the food. Kurapika kept drifting farther and farther away (he was enchanted by the glowing and flashing signs) so you grabbed his hand to guide him.

You got a couple "fags" comments, but you ignored them completely. People were just rude here.

Once you got inside, you passed out the food and watched Killua and Gon shove their faces.

Kurapika chuckled softly and told them to slow down. The two children swallow their food and give him big smiles.

The sight made you smile fondly as you nibble on some fries.

The rest of the day went by pretty smoothly. You explained the manga thing to them. That took a while. But they took it pretty well.

After that, you all got ready for bed. The kids ended up sleeping in the living room floor with Leorio snoring loudly on the couch.

You were in your room, putting clothes away as Kurapika read a book. He finishes the book and puts it down. Wordlessly, he started helping you fold clothes.

After they were all put away, you shut the closet door and turn to the blonde. "Thank you, Kurapika."

He smiles softly. "You're welcome," he says.

"I appreciate all your help," you say, capturing his cheeks and pressing a kiss to his forehead.

The blonde's eyes widen a little and his face flushes red. "Y-y-you're welcome..."

"Come on, lets go to bed," you pull away and crawl into the bed. Kurapika stands in place for a moment, brushing his fingers against his forehead.

He shakes his head to clear his thoughts and joins you in the bed. You stuff a pillow between the two of you to make things less awkward and soon enough you pass out.

But Kurapika lay awake, wondering why his heart was thrumming in his ears and why his face felt like it was on fire.

He curled around himself, clutching the blanket to his chest. Just what had you done to him.

~~~~~

Chrollo huffed as he glanced at the time. Second day in a row you hadn't shown up...

Maybe he should just give up.

He shakes his head. No. He didn't want to give up. Something about you captured his interest and he wanted to hear your wonderful voice again. Besides, you did say you'd find somewhere for him to stay...

but.. why did it have to make him feel so.. empty? He hadn't felt this emotion in a long time. It's this what sadness felt like?

~~~~~

Words:819