3. Encounter with a clo- sorry, i mean magician.

Meanwhile, while you were busy with Chrollo, the group of three in your apartment were starting to lose hope.

"Tch. Let's just face it. Damn coward ran away," Leorio says, pushing off the wall he was leaning on out of impatience.

Kurapika was sitting in the recliner, legs and arms crossed with his eyes closed patiently. He didn't say anything. Your words and non verbal actions didn't seem to be deceitful. You didn't seem like you were lying. Yet, it had been over an hour and he was starting to lose hope.

Gon looks back from his spot at the window, where he was watching for the (h/c) haired male. "He'll come back," he says cheerfully, no doubt about it in his mind.

"Yeah? How do you know that?" Leorio asks, not trusting the stranger who suspiciously knew them somehow.

"Just a feeling," was the boys reply as he hopped off the window seat to go raid the fridge some more.

As he comes back with a juice box hanging out of his mouth by the straw, the apartment door opens and you walk back in, slightly out of breath and sweaty.

"Finally! Only took you forever," Leorio mumbles.

"Sorry, sorry! I ran into Ch—" you spare a glance at Kurapika. "I ran into some trouble. Anyway, I have the thing now!" You lifted your arm slightly and reached for your bag, only for your hand to close around empty air. "Eh?"

The three blinked as they watched you scramble around in a circle before falling face first on the ground.

Gon squats down beside you, poking your cheek. "Um... Mister?" You had neglected to introduce yourself.

Your body twitches before you sit up, sniffing in and heaving our a sigh. Your shoulders slump. "I left my bag at the library..."

They all sweat drop. Gon laughs awkwardly and rubs the back of his head. "Well.. that's okay! We can just go back and get it!"

You slump even farther. "The library closes at midnight," you say, lifting your arm and pointing at the oven clock in the kitchen, which read 11:57.

Leorio's eye twitches in annoyance. "Tch. What a waste of time. I'm out of here," he picks up his briefcase and walks over to the window, looking back to see if the others were following him. He dead pans as he realizes they weren't even paying attention to him.

You sigh and stand up, stretching your back. "Well, uh... do you guys have anywhere to stay?"

Gon shakes his head. "Nope!"

"You can stay here, if you'd like."

"Why would we stay with a complete stranger. We don't even know your name," Leorio chimes in, deciding to stay since he didn't want to be by himself. Plus, those two were his friends.

"Oh! Oh my god, I'm so sorry! My name's (Y/n)," you say with a grin, extending out a hand to him.

He stares at it for a second, unimpressed. "Leorio," he says, grabbing your hand.

"I know!"

You release his hand and walk over to a closet, pulling out some blankets. You placed them on the couch and looked at them.

"Um.." you scratched the back of your head. "Two people can take the bed. I don't mind sleeping on the couch."

Gon thought for a second before grabbing a blanket and a couch cushion and placing them on the floor, curling up. "You two take the bed," he says with a grin.

Kurapika shakes his head. "You're the youngest, you should take it."

Gon sticks his tongue out. "Too late!" He lays his head on the pillow and pulls the cover over his head. "Already asleep."

Leorio shrugs, throwing his case over his shoulder before walking into your bedroom.

Kurapika sits on the couch, pulling out a book from his cream colored bag and opening it.

You run a hand through your hair. "I'm gonna go see if Misa put my bag outside," you mumble.

Kurapika looks up. "Misa?"

"Oh, she works at the library. I'm a little forgetful, so I frequently end up leaving my things there. Normally she'll put them outside for me if she knows they're mine."

The blonde nods, looking back down at his book.

"I'll be back. Don't stay up too late, okay?" You walk behind the couch, patting his head gently as you pass before walking out the door.

You shivered, pulling your coat around you. It was chilly. Plus, you had that eerie feeling of being watched. In this city, that wasn't unusual, but it still sucked.

But you weren't being watched by some random stranger. Nope. You were being followed by a certain cat-eyed, white haired assassin.

He'd managed to find Gon, therefor finding you. In all honesty, he wanted to go see Gon, but he figured that following you and figuring you out was more important to everyone's safety.

All that he ended up figuring out was that you were kind of clumsy and girls seemed to really like you for some reason. They kept stopping you in the streets, doing double takes, or just giggling to their friends. It was kind of weird. Especially since you didn't really pay attention to them. He took note that you were nice but you didn't spare them any extra time.

Once you reached the library, you yawned and stumbled around the entrance, looking for your bag.

After concluding that it wasn't there, you groaned and slid down the wall, landing on the concrete ground.

"Looking for this?~" a playful voice says, an extremely pale hand with long fingernails dangled your bag just in your line of vision.

"Oh, thanks," you say, grabbing the bag. You looked up and almost shrieked.

Wow. This day was going so great. Now, you were probably going to be murder by Hisoka the clown- sorry I mean magician.

He grins down at you with false innocence.

He wasn't your most favorite character. Well, okay. You actually thought he had an interesting look, and overall a very good character. It was just... the pedophilia. That just didn't sit right with you. You knew it was the potential or whatever, but it was still creepy as fuck.

You gulped and stood up, finding you would actually be taller than him if it weren't the combination of his heels and hair.

You adjust the bag on the your arm and go to leave, but his arm stops you.

"Not so fast~ I have a couple questions for you," he says, his smile turning into a smirk.

You sigh. Yup. You were officially doomed. All the while, Killua watched from the shadows, not feeling any sympathy for you.

~~~~~

Words:1117