Big Time Break

A date with Dak Zevon. Persephone was on an official date with Dak Zevon. How'd that happen? To be completely honest, Persephone wasn't even 100% sure.

Earlier that morning, the four boys and one girl were relaxing by the pool, enjoying their day off, until they decided they all inevitably needed a break from one another. After seeing Kendall leave the Palm Woods with Jo, one thing led to another, and Persephone was now sitting with Dak in a cabana by the pool getting to know each other.

"So you play hockey?" Dak rested his elbows on the table that separated them, clasping his hands together.

"I used to. I wish I had more time for it now. I know it sounds stupid, but whenever I play it makes me feel like I'm back at home with my dad and my friends." Persephone didn't know why she was telling Dak any of this, but she was comfortable enough to feel like she could.

"It doesn't sound stupid, I promise. That's actually why I sing. My mom passed away when I was younger, and I remember her always singing me to sleep. So when I perform it's kind of like she's with me in a way if that makes sense."

"Yeah. It actually does." Persephone and Dak smiled at each other, enjoying the company. The girl had almost completely forgotten about Kendall and Jo, happy to focus her attention elsewhere.

"So what was it like spending all that time with a bunch of guys when you were younger." Dak was obviously referring to hockey.

"Well, I'm an only child, so being with them was kind of like having a family of my own. Especially when my dad was never around. I love them all more than I could ever express. I miss them too."

"Sounds like it." Dak noticed the frown Persephone's face, "Hey, let's go for a walk." He stood up and held out his hand to the girl. She smiled up at him, and took his hand in hers, getting up to leave the Palm Woods.

********************************

After a full day with Dak, Persephone couldn't have felt more refreshed. She headed back to Kendall's apartment with a small smile lying across her face. She opened the door, knowing it was rarely locked, and she Carlos, James, and Kendall surrounding Logan who was on the floor in a red dress and makeup. Everyone looked up when they heard her walk in, "....so how were your days?"

********************************

After hearing what everyone did on their day apart, it was getting late and Kendall insisted on walking Persephone home, "So you scored a date with Jo?" Persephone tried to sound enthusiastic, and to her surprise, she did.

"Yeah, she's a really cool girl. I'm interested to see how it goes. What about you and Dak?" It went unnoticed, but his smile dropped a little at the mention of Persephone with another guy.

"As much as I want to like him like that, we agreed it's best if we just stayed friends. Especially if it didn't work out. Break ups can be messy when the while world is breathing down both of your backs."

"Would you ever consider a relationship with that risk?" He wasn't sure why he'd asked the question, but it kind of just slipped.

"I mean, if I really loved someone, I'd be willing to risk it all." Kendall found himself with a lack of words at her response as they reached her apartment door, "I mean, when you and Jo make it big, you'll understand, right?" Persephone felt her heart drop as the sentence left her mouth, and she couldn't put her finger on why, so she naturally decided to ignore it.

"Yeah, I guess so." Kendall' face now dropped completely.

"Hey, I'll see you tomorrow, k?"

"Yeah, definitely."

Persephone smiled and opened her door, "See ya then. Night, lover boy." She joked as she stepped into her apartment, closing the door before she got a response.

"Night, Percy." Kendall's tone changed as he let out a sigh, looking at the closed door in front of him. Kendall and Percy were just friends, and that's all they ever would be. He had Jo now and he planned to see where things between them ended up standing. Besides, Percy was just one of his best friends. Wasn't she?

********************************

Word count: 726

A/N: Hi everyone! Sorry for the short chapter, but my life has been kind of crazy lately and I needed a while to myself, and this is what I came up with. I'd do a whole trauma dump, but I don't think anyone has time for that. In other news, I'm sure y'all have seen the BTR announcement, and who else is ecstatic?!?! My friend and I are possibly going to get tickets to the NY show, and I'm praying that we do. Also, I may or may not be thinking about writing Mighty Ducks fanfic that is separate from Persephone and this story. Let me know if that's something you'd read, and if you'd prefer it to be about:

Charlie

Fulton

   Or

  Luis

Comment for which you'd read, and if you'd even read it at all, it'd help a lot!

*Not edited*